Idea for collecting Skin Care feedback

Cupcake

Idea for collecting Skin Care feedback

Post by Cupcake » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:51 am

With all these new skin care products to test, I had an idea to put to Karen and Jen:

Would it be useful if we each start a mini-blog thread and diary each day's results (or as frequently as realistic per person) and chart what changes we are seeing in how our skin is responding to your products? We could keep it concise and relevant strictly to the skin care so it's easy to skim through and collect info on the results (no chatter about daily life stuff lol) We could start our threads with our basic info on skin type, age and the kind of climate or specific info that's relevant like broken routines through shift work, etc. or whatever might be useful - and keep each thread brief and concise (not chattering and answering each other) so as to make them useful to you rather than conversation-pieces for us lot.

Would that help??
JenW

Re: Idea for collecting Skin Care feedback

Post by JenW » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:36 pm

I think this is a great idea. In the skincare section is perfect. I am not currently testing anything......but I can do some results of the serum I have coming......
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks Jen, I'll give this a go and start tomorrow testing the Oil Control Serum. I bought some of the gumballs today but it'll be a week before they're here, so a good time to test the OCS as it's quite humid and 'muggy' weather here.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:38 pm

I was not going to buy anything but saw all those tempting gumballs. I could not resist trying most of the skincare (except KISS cleanser).

I am very, very slow to introduce items in my skin care routine. I generally do a test spot in a not obvious spot (chest or forehead works as I can cover easily if necessary). Only one new product at a time.

I will definetly comment on the BHA. I have Paula choice and others. AHA is a product that is rather iffy with me. I can use it sparely.

I am still working with the serum. I like how the serums quickly absorb and you can apply what ever you like over it (a moisturizer, sunscreen, etc.) easily. Some other products ARE NOT compatiable with MMU and get the boot!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:22 pm

It sounds great...I was almost thinking of starting threads for each new thing, but when it's part of a system or one of several products someone uses it's hard to get repeatable results. Of course with all of this skin stuff it's always "your mileage may vary"- and there's a lot of personal preference involved, but sure- I'm happy to read whatever anyone writes in any form, and would love some feedback.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten