Oil control serum

Arduinna

Oil control serum

Post by Arduinna » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:14 am

Just received my latest order (*faint from joy*) and it includes the oil control serum (gumbal). Ehm...how do i use it?I'm not familiar with the "serum" treatments (though i'm planning to buy at least two more heheh). Do i put it all over my face at night and sleep?Or in the morning under my day cream?I usually get oily only on some spots so am i gonna have to concentrate there?Thanx for everything! :D
JenW

Re: Oil control serum

Post by JenW » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 am

First a c/p from the page>
Oil Control serum contains a special extract derived from the Argan tree that's supposed to reduce sebum production by 46% in 30 days. I noticed an immediate drying to my skin when I used it- but I'm far from being oily. I've combined it with just a smidge of raspberry oil so it's a little bit emollient- and because raspberry oil is just a lovely, vitamin rich treat for your skin. There's also tamarind seed extract to help hydrate- which should help your pores to close down a little (pores get bigger when skin gets dehydrated).

So you're really a tester on this one. The regular crew here at SN all has very dry skin- so we really need your feedback. I know that it's safe- and have used it briefly on my own skin just to make sure that it's acceptable- but that's about all I know. The absolute last thing I want to do is sell a product that doesn't work as advertised- so you're getting a 10-gram bottle of this super super cheap- essentially you're paying for the empty bottle on this one. Let us know what you think.

This is limit one per customer.

Ingredients: Distilled water, tamarind seed extract, Argania spinosa kernel extract, raspberry seed oil, Hydroxyethyl acrylate (and)Sodium Acryloyldimethyl (and) Taurate Copolymer (an emulsifier that feels wonderful on the skin), geogard preservative.
I am guessing you use it after cleansing and under your makeup, just like you would a regular serum. I think you could use it twice a day, but I am thinking maybe mostly in the morning? Hopefully, Karen will chime in soon.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 am

Use it in the morning and at night- and just where you have oily skin.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Arduinna

Post by Arduinna » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Your wish is my command! :D
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:05 pm

I wandered onto the forum to ask Karen for advice on using the serum and lo and behold, my wish was granted afore it was a-wished. Whee!

Thanks for asking Arduinna, and thanks for the advice Karen. I'm a perfect tester for you btw, since all oily spots would be everywhere BUT my eye area (where i'm using the Vit C and DMAE).

Ye gods, if ye be merciful, this serum will WORK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com