Returns and store credit?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
eve

Returns and store credit?

Post by eve » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Unfourtunately two lippies I got didn't suit me at all, so I wrote in to customer service and sent them back within two days.

How does this usually work? Where does the credit appear? I sent the message to CS on the 16th of march, and sent the package back around 18th march. How long does it take to process?

Thanks girls! I'm trying ot make another order and realised how long it'd been since the return lol.
JenW

Re: Returns and store credit?

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Store credit is generally in the form of a code for checkout sent via email.

I know you are just asking how it works. All Customer Service issues are handled through the website form.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:09 pm

We generally process things pretty quickly after we receive them. Could you email me though the site with your details so I can take a look?

Thanks!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
toogerbug

Post by toogerbug » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi Karen,

I have a return I haven't heard from you about. I've emailed you twice, the problem might be on my end with my ISP. I'm not sure. But anyway, I tried to PM you and it's still stuck in my outbox. So could you please PM me so I can reply and ask my question about my return?

Thanks!
eve

Post by eve » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks for such a fast response Karen, Jen! I'm glad it got there, I'll be placing another order with the code very soon!
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 am

Hello,
I don't mean to be a bother, but I haven't received any response about the two lippies I returned about a week ago. I'm certain that the package has already arrived unless the USPS made an error. I emailed customer service through the site on March Tuesday the 16th with all of my info, but so far there is no response. Perhaps returns take longer than I expected, and I'm being impatient, but I'm concerned since it has been a little over a week. Thank you.
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:50 am

Hey Lemon,
I dont know exactly how the store credit/refund works.
if you are getting a credit it could take a while longer still. I dont know where I saw this, but I seem to think that it takes the same amount of time as our instore credit does from purchases. These take about a month from the time of purchasing till the time they show up in our accounts.
if you are getting a refund then that is another matter and I wouldnt know.
But it could have taken longer than a week to arrive; it is not very common, but sometimes the packages from SN to customers take a week with USPS, so it is feasable that it could take a week the other way....?
or they could have had it for a day or something like that, and not had time to process it at all. they typically take 2 days to send orders off, so I would think it is reasonable to expect it to take up to 2 days for them to process a return.

I am certain that it will be done though, so there is nothing to worry about. take the time to find some new things!!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 am

Lemon wrote:Hello,
I don't mean to be a bother, but I haven't received any response about the two lippies I returned about a week ago. I'm certain that the package has already arrived unless the USPS made an error. I emailed customer service through the site on March Tuesday the 16th with all of my info, but so far there is no response. Perhaps returns take longer than I expected, and I'm being impatient, but I'm concerned since it has been a little over a week. Thank you.
They were pretty swamped with the sale on Tuesday and shipping sale orders on Wednesday. I am pretty sure they got your email, and if you want to pm me your name in real life, I can check.

Also, on our FAQ page it states that returns are processed once a week. (Depending on when it came in, it could be up to a week before you hear anything.)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
toogerbug

Post by toogerbug » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:25 pm

You already took care of it, thanks! This was posted before then. Sorry for the confusion.
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:08 am

Thanks for all of your help and quick replies. I'll be sure to be a little less anxious next time. Heheheh.