I bought Sarafina!!!

karen
Site Admin

I bought Sarafina!!!

Post by karen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Hehe..Sam logged in and said that she'd been a "bad girl" because she bought all of the new stuff...I was so tempted to say "you were bad- I was worse". In making these new skin care items, I kept hearing...well- my favorite xxx was from Sarafina, and now I'm desperate to find a replacement. SO I emailed Bill, and told him how much his products were missed. A few emails later- he sold me the company. I didn't get any stock, just the recipes and the right to use the name. I also didn't get all of the recipes- just 20 or so from the main line, apparently he didn't keep some of the discontinued recipes.

Here's what I got:
Ultralight serum
pH balancing toner
sweet almond cleansing oil
sheer aloe daywear
september's rose
Rosa Mosqueta moisturizer
Rhassoul Clay Mask
Radiance Firming Cream
Purifying Cleanser
Primrose Night Cream
Intensive Wrinkle Treatment
Green Tea Eye Gel
Foaming Cleanser
Facial Cleansing Milk
Eye-LITE
Exfoliating Powder
Emollient Body Lotion
Dream Cream
Body Butter Replenish
Age Support Cream

In the past year some of the technology has changed, and there were some ingredients that he used that I can't use because of sensitivities- and some of the things here I don't think are super necessary to add to the site- but if you have a favorite product let me know and I can at least give it a try!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Cupcake

Re: I bought Sarafina!!!

Post by Cupcake » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Well, I've never heard of Sarafina - but the thought of you, Karen, in charge of skincare... one word - WOOHOOOOO!!!! :D

Many congrats on the new acquisition. I've no idea what it is, but given the quality of everything you've released so far, it's gonna be brilliant. *hug*
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:16 pm

wooooohoooooooo. lol

okay so in my cupboard:
pH balancing toner-my alltime fav. toner
sweet almond cleansing oil-great for makeup removal
sheer aloe daywear-this is a good makeup primer

Rosa Mosqueta moisturizer- this was my fav. moistuizer though they were all fairly similar
Rhassoul Clay Mask- i do particularly like his clay mask. it's premixed unlike most clay masks.
Radiance Firming Cream
Green Tea Eye Gel-great for the puffies. i think the eye gels could be combined. that's just me
Foaming Cleanser- i loved this for summer oilies, my boyfriend loves this for his oily skin (which i guess men's skin is generally oilier than women's?)
Eye-LITE-good for circles. i think the eye gels could be combined. that's just me
Emollient Body Lotion- is this the coconut one or the orange blossom one? lol. Both were good anyhow.
Dream Cream- i like this better in smaller size for winter but someone is looking for it on mmm right now
Body Butter Replenish- i especially like this in yuzu scent. Your moisture magic already compares quite well though
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:16 pm

I love the eye gels (like Sam, I use both of them), the Rhassoul Clay (oh how I've mised that one!), the orange blossom cream (been rationing that one), the Fruit Enzyme Facial, the almond cleansing oil, the toner, too (can you make a hydrosol as well? I think it was one ingredient fewer).

I didn't have a chance to try the body butter before he closed, but I like body butters and I always liked Bill's stuff.

Congrats. It broke my heart to see Bill go out of business and I even offered to do some marketing for him - really nice guy, really good formulator. I'm so happy you've found a way to bring some of his products back, and that he made a bit out of the deal too.

Everybody wins!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Woohoo, that's awesome for you, Karen! I'm not familiar with their stuff, but they sound lovely :) Have fun reformulating!
luvmymakeup

Post by luvmymakeup » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Good for you Karen!!! I too have yet to experience this line, but with you behind the helm, I'm sure it'll be great! How soon will you be listing the products, and will it be on the SN site or a seperate one?

Deb
extemter

Post by extemter » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:42 pm

OMG, that's amazing news, Karen! Can't wait to hear more about your plans for Sarafina!
marina16

Post by marina16 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:50 pm

I would be soooo happy if you'd have the Eye LITE! I've never tried this line of products before but I've been on the search for a cream for my circles that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. The Facial Cleansing Milk sounds wonderful too. :D
LionT

Post by LionT » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:29 pm

A good sunscreen cum moisturizer is a good staple, esp in the summer months.

Will the products debut as gumballs first? I can't wait!
Early spring mix:
2WG+2BG+1ebony+1/4 olive+ 36ivory
marcey

Post by marcey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Karen,

This is awesome! I remember contacting Bill just after he disappeared to see if he had any stock left. I told him how much he would be missed & he said he'd been open for a year, spent thousands and hadn't been able to make a go of things. I know that many on MMM commented that the problem was how often he changed things & how sometimes you didn't have time to order the full size before it was gone from the site. Also towards the end he was having website problems. I look forward to your formulation of the products!! Noi who used to post on MMM said that given the ingredients Bill used you would have had to pay considerably more anyplace else.

Marcey