How often do you change GWP?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
egerandi

How often do you change GWP?

Post by egerandi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:49 am

I just got my package and panicked when I realized that even though I thought I added gumball to my cart, somehow I didn't end up purchasing it. My oily skin is crying for a good matting serum, and would love to try Karen's concoction. As I already have Pink Twink, I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for a new gwp, or should I just grab a gumball now while I still have a chance and make a girlfriend happy with the second pot of this gorgeous warmish pink?
chicseba

Re: How often do you change GWP?

Post by chicseba » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:43 am

I'm obviously late to this, but is the GWP FS or sample? I'm planning to order next week and I want Pink Twink 8-) , so I want to know if it'll still be available then too!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:52 pm

I try to change them every Thursday...but I'm debating about it this week. I have a few things coming in, and I like to add things to the site in groups- so I may hold off on it until next week.

I'm committed to doing a very loooong test with the oil control serum- I put quite a few on the site, and will happily make more. I really want to be sure it works- so the bigger the group that orders it the better!

Usually the GWP's are a 3-gram jar- so a little bit smaller than a full size eye shadow, but waaay bigger than a sample.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Would it be an idea that if someone orders and doesn't want the GWP, perhaps they already have one from an immediately recent order, could a totally random 'gumball' be offered as an alternative? I think pretty much everyone loved the gumballs. So if, now and then someone requests an alternative GWP - if, indeed, that would be permissible and not too awkward - you could have a wee box of retiree products and surprises etc in sample or tiny size and chuck in one of those instead. It could be fun, and would be a low turnover probably so it'd be easier than managing a big gumball supply which people ordered large quantities of. 8-)
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:14 pm

lol. i like that idea- if i can remember to do it! lol. i forgot to pick my 3 free shadows last time so they were all doubles of things IN my order (from the muse palette). Speaking of which, anyone like blues? lol
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
LionT

Post by LionT » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Xarata wrote:lol. i like that idea- if i can remember to do it! lol. i forgot to pick my 3 free shadows last time so they were all doubles of things IN my order (from the muse palette). Speaking of which, anyone like blues? lol
Oh me! But I've ordered and recieved Cruise and Bon Voyage yesterday.
Early spring mix:
2WG+2BG+1ebony+1/4 olive+ 36ivory
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:20 pm

karen wrote:I try to change them every Thursday...but I'm debating about it this week. I have a few things coming in, and I like to add things to the site in groups- so I may hold off on it until next week.

I'm committed to doing a very loooong test with the oil control serum- I put quite a few on the site, and will happily make more. I really want to be sure it works- so the bigger the group that orders it the better!

Usually the GWP's are a 3-gram jar- so a little bit smaller than a full size eye shadow, but waaay bigger than a sample.
Thanks! I'll wait for the next GWP then (oh, more new stuff?) and will make sure to get the gumball serum next time I order. Silly me.
extemter

Post by extemter » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:48 pm

karen wrote:I'm committed to doing a very loooong test with the oil control serum- I put quite a few on the site, and will happily make more. I really want to be sure it works- so the bigger the group that orders it the better!
When should the oil control serum be applied? Morning? Night?