Serums around eyes

elianne

Serums around eyes

Post by elianne » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 am

Are the serums safe to use around the undereye area? I have two (un)pretty deep undereye wrinkles to get rid of and am wondering if the vitamin c or green tea and aloe serum would help. Wrinkles at 23 is no fun. =/ Even my grandmother has less lines than I do.
JenW

Re: Serums around eyes

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:31 am

I am not sure what Karen will say, but I really don't see anything too irritating in them. I would still avoid getting much near your lashline.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:04 am

Everyone's eyes are different, but I do use them around mine. Most of the ingredients are edible including the preservative so there shouldn't be an issue.

I'd recommend the Vitamin C- the peptides in that serum are fantastic for wrinkles.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I can't wait to get mine! I'm going to use the DMAE one for the puffiness on my under eye area.
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
elianne

Post by elianne » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Woo hoo! Thanks for this, Karen. I was looking for a vitamin C serum for the eyes and hopefully SN will do the trick.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:38 pm

I have used all of the serums all over my eyelids (carefully). Word of caution: don't use the rose or the aloe around the eyes, as they can sting a bit. But the vitamin C does work great and the DMAE is nice too.
elianne

Post by elianne » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:44 am

Thanks, zeebs! The skin around my left eye tends to throw tantrums so I'll def be avoiding the rose and aloe serums.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:42 am

I've used the Green Tea & Aloe and the VitC serums over my eyes without problems. My tear ducts don't work right in that they don't water properly, so I get gooey eyes and itchy eyes daily and sometimes, much worse. I even had a raised, red patch out the corner of one eye rim where it was a bit raw. I've used these serums without the slightest problem. You may, of course, be sensitive to any of the ingredients so it's always sensible to patch test first.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:59 pm

helena wrote:I've used the Green Tea & Aloe and the VitC serums over my eyes without problems. My tear ducts don't work right in that they don't water properly, so I get gooey eyes and itchy eyes daily and sometimes, much worse. I even had a raised, red patch out the corner of one eye rim where it was a bit raw. I've used these serums without the slightest problem. You may, of course, be sensitive to any of the ingredients so it's always sensible to patch test first.
Yeah, everybody is different. I agree that testing them conservatively is good. Maybe try them below your eyes at first, just a little dab. I find the Vitamin C to be most suitable for my eyes, but everyone has diff sensitivities.