New Subject!!

karen
Site Admin

New Subject!!

Post by karen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Now that we have serums, and have officially started skin care I thought it would be a good time to start a separate forum just for skin care. Post your wants, your problems, your solutions- and we'll have fun!

I'm working on some very exciting, top secret plans- but in the mean time let's chat!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Re: New Subject!!

Post by Xarata » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:09 pm

oooooooooooooo fancy new folder. i dig it.

Skincare needs: I'm one of those people who didn't start breaking out until I was 20. I was usually a splash with water or a warm washcloth and go kinda gal. Most soaps and cleanser(except for dove) were waaaay too harsh for my skin which is usually soft and smooth and a hair on the dryish side. My latest skin harshing has been dehydration (my own fault. need to drink more water)

Favorite ingredients: I love aloe vera leaf juice. It's in all my favorites. I'm also a big fan of mango butter, rosehip, and raspberry seed oil. I loooooooove sweet lavender scents and am a hydrosol addict.

Problem areas: DARK undereye circles, laugh lines, and area specific acne (chin, t-zone). i would love a yellow toned cream concealer (i really liked UGGs buttercup before they yanked it though i heard a lot of people had problems with the jars drying out)

Past test products I dig: The moisturizer and the cream concealer

And as a long haired chickadee, i am a total haircare addict too. Avocado butter and coconut oil rock my world. I currently make my own conditioner chock full o' the good stuff (silk protein, wheat germ, panthenol, coconut cream, manoi, etc.) but honestly the cooking session 2-3 times a year is not my favorite thing. lol.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
iPunky1

Post by iPunky1 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Oh you know what would be cool? If Karen could dupe skin care, like Purity Made Simple by Philosophy! :D Well I am kinda kidding but that would be cool if it was possible!
See I also used to be a water and washcloth kinda girl in my teens and never used a moisturizer, every one I ever used (including face washes) made me break out horribly. Well my mother used Clinique 3 step for years and so when I turned 20 I decided to try it myself, it broke me out horribly, I was sooooo disappointed since I loved the moisturizing gel (it was the main problem though) and the toner. Well I tried all kinds of things and still couldn't find a great face wash or moisturizer. Then I heard a girl on youtube talking about how she loved Philosophy's Purity, so I decided to give it a try while I was still using the Clinique (still didn't realize it was the cause of my breakouts). Well I used it ONE TIME and realized that my acne on my cheeks started fading in redness, I still didn't put it together. Then my husband and I went out of town and I thought I would take it (the purity) instead of all the 3 HUGE bottles of clinique, that is when the Angles Started Singing! It was almost immediately that my face started to heal, and I have never looked back at the Clinique again (well ok I did try and use the lotion a few more times only to be hugely disappointed again).
Well I was watching QVC and saw that Philosophy was on, and the owner of the company said that a lot of ppl that use harsh acne products will switch to Purity and it will clear up their skin, and I completely believe it, b/c that is what I did. (I have oily/combo skin dry in blotchy areas and oily everywhere else, my skin is sensitive and acne prone) Anyways I love telling my story about that, it was such a big part of my life, I know that sounds silly but it was, when you find something that clears your skin completely its a big deal! :)
I was still on the search for a perfect moisturizer and I tried the Philosophy Hope In A Jar but it caused these horrible red blotches all over my face, I think it was the oil in it.
I just got the Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive skin Moisturizer and so far so good. I also bought a bottle of the "Jason Vitamin E Oil 5.000 I.U." and I put it on my hand to see if it would cause irritation and it didn't it was just lovely. It is good for acne scars, sensitive skin, and a great natural moisturizer and primer. I found out about it on the EDM forum, there is a HUGE thread about it, and if you buy from http://www.iherb.com you get $5 off your first order making your total including shipping only $1.01 so you can't beat that. I will look for the code and place it here. (Here is the code I hope you guys will try it and let me know what you think about it: WORO74)
Anyways that has been my journey with my skin care. :D Sorry for the long post, I get excited about this stuff! ;)

Also what did everyone think of the Shave Soap? I personally love mine, I have a very small amount left and will be sad once it's gone, it felt so smooth when I shaved my underarms like I wasn't touching my skin.
Last edited by iPunky1 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:00 pm

Hydrosols, clay masks, and you probably won't, but maybe mandelic or something along those lines. And eye serum - no rush, just before I run out of what I've got now :D

I was thrilled to see the DMAE and Vit C serums, and the Rose and Aloe ones, too. I LOVE seamollient and need all the moisturising and wrinkle-fighting help I can get!
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Oh yes. Body butter bars would be nice - and foot cream - that needs to be a bit more heavy-duty.

I better stop now.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:53 am

I've had trouble with my skin for as long as I can remember.

I have oily, sensitive skin that is prone to dry patches in the winter (where I once got frostbitten on my cheeks).

When I was an adolescent, I had tons of trouble with acne, and now I get adult acne.

I've managed to control redness and irritation with gentle, natural skincare ingredients like jojoba, green tea, and aloe.

But... I still break out all the time and get milia and clogged pores. I wish I could fix my skin.

I eat well and drink enough water, but I also drink coffee and alcohol.

I liked the rose serum a lot and I also enjoy the microdermabrasion cream.

I have a lot of luck with scrubs and masks, generally speaking, as long as they don't overly dry my skin.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:13 am

Zeeb your skin sounds just like mine. Sensitive but oily with large pores. I had acne when I was a teenager and not I have adult acne (which seems worst somehow). I have to watch what I put on my face as it reacts to anything and seems to be getting more sensitive every year. When I do find something that works it either costs an arm and a leg or it clogs the already large pores. I can't drink caffeine and I've never liked alcohol (all taste horrible to me except baileys) and I do try and drink lots of water but I know I'm not drinking enough. I eat right with my diet, plenty of fruit and veg but I still have skin problems. I'm sure hormones have something to do with my acne.

I haven't got the rose serum must try that one, but I do love the microdermabrasion cream.
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
Shirin

Post by Shirin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:50 am

I have olive skin which is a combination skin i think, nt sure. I am prone to acne and whiteheads. My pores on my cheeks are very visible and smaller on my nose, where I get whiteheads which turn into blackheads if I don't exfoliate regularly. Also on my chin I get blackheads. But my chion and nose and forehead aren't oily, even my nose doesn't really shine much. So I suppose I have combination skin.

I am 33 and recently have developped lines, laugh lines, but especially on my forehead which seem to be quite deep suddenly. :-(.
Just a year ago I didn't have any!

Also have very dark under-eye circles and fine lines, crow feet. Also new!

I really hope there really is some products which really work. I am sceptic towards that.
I am quite sad, because as I said just a year ago my skin was so mch younger looking.
kitten1711

Post by kitten1711 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 am

What a great idea!!!! 8-)

SN is my absolute favourite MMU brand & would LOVE to be able to get my skin care stuff from here too.

I have melasma (dermal, unfortunately so nothing topical will really help :roll: ) so need to treat my skin gently - hence my initial choice to start using mineral based cosmetics - and protect it fastidiously from the sun. I would LOVE to see the following items:

a cleanser of some description
a serum specifically designed to lighten/brighten (great for girls with acne scarring or other hyperpigmentation issues)
a mineral based liquid sunscreen with a high spf (to use alone or to add your own Perfect Harmony pigments i.e. Buttery Gold to reduce the whitening effect).

I know you're going to get a tonne of requests for pretty much everything under the sun as everyone has such different skin concerns but if you don't ask.......but looking forward to whatever items you decide to create in any case, they're bound to be brilliant!!

Txx
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:14 am

When I reached my teenage years, my mother wisely had me start using a cream cleanser ( rather than soap and water) since she remembered that her younger sister broke out worse with soap and water than she did when she used a cream cleanser and for me it worked, I missed the horrible teenage acne years ( except on my back ), I then tried Mary Kay when I was in college and the 1st time I used it everything went ok, then do to cost, I quit. When I tried to use it again as a 30+adult, it caused a severe allergic reaction and after a very expensive unplanned Dermotologist bill, I never looked back. I started cleasning with a mixture of Olive Oil and Castor oil using the oil cleansing method, and looking for makeup that hopefully wouldn't cause me problems. After using Alimay and Clinique ( as long as I didn't try the 3-step program I was ok), a local spa started selling mineral makup, so I have been using minerals on my face since 2000. My skin does not look like I'm 52, but it does have it's issues.
Here is my current routine
Oil Cleansing method
Vit C serum
Moisturize ( I currenlyt use Medline Skin Repair Cream) which none of you will have heard of as it is a hospital product that has lots of Vit C and Olive oil in it.

I am plagged by some occasional redness, and DARK under eye circles. and due to age the slight crepiness under my eyes.

Karen, I don't have your Vit C seum, but I am so glad it is out on the site, as I am having a very hard time getting the product I currently use, and yours is in my cart. I know that it will be as good, if not better than what I am currently using.

I would love to see a cream concealor, and a high spf sun screen.