Stonewashed Nudes Palette on Warm Skintones

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
JenW

Re: Stonewashed Nudes Palette on Warm Skintones

Post by JenW » Sun May 18, 2008 10:04 pm

Lovely pics! Thanks so much for posting a review. I need to pull mine out again. Slate has been getting alot of love with the BB Raspberry dupe palette, but I have been neglecting the others.

Good luck on your paper. I promise your shadows will be there waiting to play when you are finished!!!! ;)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
seraphim

Post by seraphim » Thu May 22, 2008 1:23 am

Thanks Jen! I finished, and this is how I played with the palette!

I pressed them!!

I'm so happy with the end result and just wanted to share with everyone =)

You'll notice that there are two empty pans. I left those intentionally to keep basalt away from the other shades since its so dark and pigmented. But, if the palette holds well and I notice that there isn't that much spillage, I am thinking of filling those two pans in.

Anyone have suggestions for what two colours would go well with the rest of the collection? It would look so beautiful completed :D
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu May 22, 2008 10:11 am

Absolutely awesome, Helen! Very smart to use a small palette. Maybe that is where I made my mistake when trying to press. Also, I have heard they stay pressed longer with a bit of jojoba oil added.

If it were me I'd add Vanilla and Chocolate Twinkle for the Ultimate Neutrals palette. My guess is that you will want darks by Basalt, though. Maybe Chocolate Twinkle and either Plush or Naughty? Those are more on the shimmery side.
Faves-
seraphim

Post by seraphim » Thu May 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Thanks Jen! Oo I had Naughty sitting in my Wish List already =D

What do you think about Lurid, Cashmere, or Mink? Do you think those ones coordinate well with the rest? haha those have been sitting in my wishlist for awhile :D

I wouldn't mind another highlight colour in the palette though so I'm considering Vanilla since the description and reviews say that its so versatile.
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu May 22, 2008 2:57 pm

Honestly, Vanilla is my eyeshadow that sees the most 'face time'. I use it often for a brow highlight. It is sheer with a little shimmer, and blends with just about anything.

Of the other three you mentioned (Mink, Lurid and Cashmere) I love Cashmere as a simple eyewash by itself. It would add a slight dimension of dusty pink. Mink would definitely go with the palette nicely, and is very much in line with those colors. I will have to say I am not sure you would want both Lurid and Moonstone. They are very similar in color, it is just that Lurid has a fabulous sparkle to it.
Faves-
seraphim

Post by seraphim » Thu May 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Thanks again! Hmm I really want Vanilla now...now I have to figure out the other colour. I'm considering Naughty or Chocolate Twinkle...or Plush...or Cashmere....ahhhh so hard to decide!
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu May 22, 2008 5:42 pm

I know you have more in your arsenal than shadows from us. If you feel the need for a lighter color, definitely give Cashmere a try. It might be a little more shimmery than you are used to as it was part of the Holiday collection. I have found it is easy to knock the shimmer down a notch with blending if you feel it is necessary. Actually, that is what I have done with mineral shadows from the beginning at times. Naughty will be in the range of Scallop Pink, but a little browner and shimmerier. Chocolate Twinkle is the most neutral of the shimmery dark browns. It was one of my first shadows from SN and continues to be a favorite. Before the cream liners came out, it was my dry lining shadow of choice (which, I guess really still makes it my favorite dry lining shadow of choice).
Faves-