Eyeliner Colors

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
tizzylou

Eyeliner Colors

Post by tizzylou » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:13 pm

Ok, I need help again!!! What makes a good liner with teal shimmer, and what makes a good Green liner in general? I don't want emerald, as I want to actually be able to tell that it is green in color, not wonder if it is balck or green. Thanks, Hollis
~*mikie*~

Re: Eyeliner Colors

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:43 am

Take a look at Moss, Hollis...it's a matte medium green. Liner colors are tricky, but if I'm going for only dryline/smudged in & I want SN for a certain look, the Moss works for me. My other standby from SN (though not green,lol) is Basalt. One of these days soon I'll try SN's Sailor which I have but haven't tried. From SN I prefer liners with no shimmer & applied dry/smudged. Then I may wetline over it with a shimmery shade for contrast or depth or drama.

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:35 pm

I have to admit, Emerald is the perfect hue for a Teal shimmery eyeliner, but might be a bit dark. It could be lightened with another color.

If you were willing to go less teal, Grassroots Green looks like it would fit the bill on its own.

If none of these options are of interest to you, I think we have something for the wish list! A mid range teal would be nice. However, I know there is a good one coming out very soon that I think you will like! ;)

Watch for Polly.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:18 pm

That mid-range teal is going to be a best seller! But I also love Moss for a green liner - it's definitely green, but very wearable and not OTT. It also goes great with the colours from both the Chanel palettes dupes since it's one of them, and those are lovely.
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:49 pm

Jen, Mikie and Rhys:

Thanks for the help, I keep debating between Grassroots Green and Moss, still haven't decided which one I want, so will probably end up with both of them and Emerald also. Jen, I will definately keep my eye out for Polly. I love teals, but tend to prefer green teals to blue teals.
Hollis