MAC Grand Duos

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
kitten1711

MAC Grand Duos

Post by kitten1711 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:50 am

I am a total blush fiend and these look AMAZING but there is no way I am going to spend £16 on a blush :o (especially when there are 3 I really like) :lol:

I love the pearlescent sheen of these (and indeed the other mineralized blushes MAC have produced); I realise that as they contain 2 different shades in a split pan (a marbelised shade in one side & a block colour in the other) that it would be the overall effect that can be duplicated.....my particular favourites are Moon River, Love Rock & Grand Duo (all of the cooler tones).

If there's any way you could dupe even one of these it would be amazing! I know you've got a lot of other things in the works right now but if you don't ask........... :D

Txx
rubycat95

Re: MAC Grand Duos

Post by rubycat95 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:56 pm

I was just reading about these and I agree, there are some gorgeous ones and would also love to see some clones! I think this collection makes it's debut on March 12.
Ruby
kitten1711

Post by kitten1711 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:36 am

Hi Rubycat95,

I have just come back from a trip to the shops in Manchester (UK) and the Grand Duos are already available for sale in stores and online here now, if you want to go & have a look at them! They are as lovely in real life as the shots on the website but I resisted and just tried the ones I liked on my hand - very nice indeed!

Txx
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:16 am

kitten1711 wrote:... but I resisted and just tried the ones I liked on my hand - very nice indeed!
Impressive restraint, not purchasing the collection. They look so lovely online! You've missed a trick there, though, mate. You shall have to go back to the store, armed with a digital camera, swatch the complete collection and photograph it and then upload it here for communal drooling-over and impassioned pleas for duplication. :D
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:55 am

helena wrote: You shall have to go back to the store, armed with a digital camera, swatch the complete collection and photograph it and then upload it here for communal drooling-over and impassioned pleas for duplication. :D
Oh SUCH a good line! *applauds*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:51 pm

kitten1711 wrote:Hi Rubycat95,

I have just come back from a trip to the shops in Manchester (UK) and the Grand Duos are already available for sale in stores and online here now, if you want to go & have a look at them! They are as lovely in real life as the shots on the website but I resisted and just tried the ones I liked on my hand - very nice indeed!

Txx
I have seen pics and swatches on-line and they are gorgeous! I would not be able to show the same restraint as you did so it's a good thing I'm not close to any MAC stores!
Ruby
kitten1711

Post by kitten1711 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:28 pm

It WAS hard (I was very brave :lol: )

Because the collection only came out on thursday, the sales girls were all really keen to demonstrate the products - glad none of the duos actually made it as far as my face (otherwise I would have caved in without a doubt).

Fond as I am of swatching, today wouldn't have been a good day to go with a camera, though; too many customers buzzing around the new items and I would have looked like a right wierdo :D

Will see if I can do better midweek, if I get a chance to pop out.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

Txx
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:30 pm

I can only imagine how busy it must have been w/everyone swarming around like bees. If you can go later and snap off some pics that would be great!
Ruby :)
piccola_donna

Post by piccola_donna » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:27 am

Pics here
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/mac- ... -a-128216/

Swatches here
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/mac- ... ost1461789

I like the pictures but i'm not sure i would actually like to wear any of the colours. They're gorgeous but a bit shimmery for me. I think i'm just sucked in by how cute they are.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Ohh man those look so cool! I'm sure that the colors as applied are nice, but mostly they look so nifty in the package...