buttery gold just not yellow enough?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
eve

buttery gold just not yellow enough?

Post by eve » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:54 pm

Hey girls.

ok I love this foundation, so silky smooth and looks fantastic, doesn't dry out my skin or cause any nasties.. but it's just not yellow enough! I go lighter but then it's too white, I go darker and it's just too orange. What to do? Should I try mixing some tempt tryst into it?

:( I probably need to see a doctor lol, jaundice??
eve

Re: buttery gold just not yellow enough?

Post by eve » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Oh and I'd love some suggestions on lip colour (soo manyraves about karen's lippies) and and basic brown eyeshadow wash. I'm using 4:1 med ivory:buttery
packgal

Post by packgal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 pm

buttery gold isn't yellow enough for me either...this has come up before (here and here) but not too many people seem to have the same problem, so karen & co. probably haven't seen a need to make a more yellow color base. i've also tried tweaking the lightness/darkness carefully without good results. your idea of mixing in tempt tryst would probably be good to try. i also got a recommendation to try mixing in the yellow sleep in a jar, but i haven't had a chance to experiment with that yet.
your skin is much darker than mine, but my favorite lip gloss is nectar and think it would look nice with your skintone. try hot blooded too, it is so pretty. if you're looking for brown e/s, i recommend the elegant brown quad--i don't have all these colors--but i wish i did--andit seems like it's always getting raves.
jen will most likely be along too. she and the other ladies are so helpful with questions like this :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 pm

It has come up before...I'm guessing there are probably more women who could use just a touch more yellow. Give me a week or so and I'll make some pure yellow base.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
eve

Post by eve » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:22 am

Oh, I tried a search but the search function took out all my words because they were too common :lol:

I'm glad to know I'm not alone - and it's even better to know that you'll be working on something for us, Karen :D

I think I'll pick up both nectar and hot blooded, and a few other randoms are resting in my cart xD It's so hard to stop once you start, lol. Thanks for the help packgal!
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:17 am

Eve,

All of the suggestions you have gotten are good. There is no better person to get color product ideas from than someone who has a similar color in their skin. The staples are definitely Nectar and the Elegant Brown Quad. I can give you a few more wash browns, more in the mid toned range. Those would be Brown Sugar and Cougar. For another warm lippie that is a little more pigmented try Jaybird.

Also, I am so glad to hear there is a yellower base in the works!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
miyu

Post by miyu » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi Jen,

Would you say Cougar e/s is definitely a warm colour? :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:26 pm

karen wrote:It has come up before...I'm guessing there are probably more women who could use just a touch more yellow. Give me a week or so and I'll make some pure yellow base.

Yay! I am poor but if I am able to place an order soon, I'd try a sample of this.
eve

Post by eve » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:45 am

In case anyone is interested, here's the swatch of the yellow corrector:

All my images get so ugly when I upload them :( The colour just drains out.
packgal

Post by packgal » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:57 am

oooh thanks for posting that, that looks like just what i need. and i'm so excited about the new glowy foundation base too!