Easy 2 color eye instructions

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Easy 2 color eye instructions

Post by karen » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:10 am

Sometimes you have an hour to primp- sometimes you have 5 minutes. Here's a little diagram that I made to show you how to do a really simple 2 color eye. There are no rules with makeup- it's really all about feeling like you're ready to take on the world- but just in case you need a little help- I present:

The Silk Naturals Easy peasy 2 color eye:
veye.jpg
veye.jpg (59.65 KiB) Viewed 5236 times
Start with a light highlight color- this can be anything. My personal favorites are Vanilla, Cherry Blossom, Boom, and Sprite (Bone is good if you're going conservative- but keep it away from your brow bone so it doesn't look too chalky). If you want a little more drama you could use something like Bare, Quartzite or Goldie Gold.

Apply a wash of your highlight color from your lashline all the way up to your brow bone.

Then take your accent color- and starting with the outside corner of your eye blend some into the crease, and then along your lash line in kind of a v shape. If you want a 'harder' line you can wet your brush, dip it into your eye shadow, and it creates a liquid liner. If I'm doing the wet line look- I like to use the back of my hand or a piece of foil as a pallette, and the brush just needs to be damp, not soaking wet.

Apply a little mascara and you're all set!

Quick tip- if you want to clean your brush between colors, the microfiber dust cloths that they sell in dollar stores work wonderfully- just run the brush over it a few times and it's nice and clean!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JenW

Re: Easy 2 color eye instructions

Post by JenW » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:36 pm

I love this easy eye diagram and can see how simple it would be to add a third color inside the 'v'. I want to try this one very soon.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
queenie50cat

Post by queenie50cat » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:28 am

This is my go to work routine as well. I usually use bone on my lids, vanilla as a brow bone highlight and a another color inthe "V". Works for me. Janet.
teresad1960

Post by teresad1960 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:02 am

Thanks for this diagram! It is easy. Today I used Love Lure as the base and Gator Gold for the V. Great running around look.
Teresa