Winter Collection

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
shiny

Winter Collection

Post by shiny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Can't believe that no one's commented on the Winter collection yet. What a beautiful collection this is! Placing an order monday... can hardly wait!

Thank you, Karen!
MBlovesSN

Re: Winter Collection

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:28 am

shiny wrote:Can't believe that no one's commented on the Winter collection yet. What a beautiful collection this is! Placing an order monday... can hardly wait!

Thank you, Karen!
I know! I wish this forum was really active like it used to be. What did you end up ordering? I just placed an order and bought Rosewood lippie and got a sample of Impulse as well. I also bought some other stuff but it wasn’t from the new collection.
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:52 pm

I agree. I miss seeing people share pics and swatches. I can't afford to buy as much as I use to so seeing people's orders helped me decide.
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:23 pm

cristy_amk wrote:I agree. I miss seeing people share pics and swatches. I can't afford to buy as much as I use to so seeing people's orders helped me decide.
I am always up for chatting SN stuff. Did you get anything from the new collection?
Favorites

4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:36 pm

MBlovesSN & Cristy, I pick up some of the Winter things and just got one of the eye kits ... Pink Perfecting Kit. I got samples of two of the colors and like them. I also pick up a 2nd Brush cleaning Sponge. I picked up Oil Slick and Spitfire. Ill let you know how I like them. I'm looking for a eye shadow primer and I hope the new one will work. I too miss all the form action. Hope we can stir it back up :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:37 pm

4wheel wrote:MBlovesSN & Cristy, I pick up some of the Winter things and just got one of the eye kits ... Pink Perfecting Kit. I got samples of two of the colors and like them. I also pick up a 2nd Brush cleaning Sponge. I picked up Oil Slick and Spitfire. Ill let you know how I like them. I'm looking for a eye shadow primer and I hope the new one will work. I too miss all the form action. Hope we can stir it back up :D
How do you like the colors in that eye kit? They look gorgeous but similar to Prowl and Mojave. Any similarities? I am also interested in that new eye primer; I hope it is easy to blend shadows over. I am going to make a purchase soon. Maybe I should add some of these things too!

Last purchase besides Rosewood, I picked up a few older shadows and I love them all (Sepia and Danny and got Launch as a GWP and Cult as my free shadow), minus the GWP, which I haven’t tried yet. I also picked up All-In Organic Lipstick, which has become a fast favorite.

The forum has so many sporadic postings but nothing consistent! I am on here about once or twice a day most days so if anyone wants to chat makeup, I am down!
Favorites

JenK

Post by JenK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:09 pm

The only new color I got was Garnet from the Winter Collection. I love it, a very wearable red. Looks great applied lightly and with a couple of coats for a deeper look. I got 3 jars of the Unscented Body Butter ( my fav!! Why aren't more things unscented) and the cuticle balm.
In my search for a replacement for my beloved Fanfare I got Gold Blush ( got years ago in my first order) and Allure (hoping applied lightly it will look like fanfare). I also got Limelight HD, hoping to use as a highlight on eyes when I'm feeling extra lazy.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Prowl is a shimmer and has a deep brown berry color in my crease. I have a BACKUP of it. I like it that much. While Vex is matte and a deep plume color in my crease. My sample is just about out so I saw it was in the kit and I like Bespoke ( another sample) its a soft pink. I think Mojave is a soft sand tone. ( I need to pull this one back out :D ) MB, I'll give an update once it gets here and I try it out.

JenK , I too like unscented, but I miss some of the scented ones too. I still have one Baby Kisses *Love*
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:06 pm

JenK wrote:The only new color I got was Garnet from the Winter Collection. I love it, a very wearable red. Looks great applied lightly and with a couple of coats for a deeper look. I got 3 jars of the Unscented Body Butter ( my fav!! Why aren't more things unscented) and the cuticle balm.
In my search for a replacement for my beloved Fanfare I got Gold Blush ( got years ago in my first order) and Allure (hoping applied lightly it will look like fanfare). I also got Limelight HD, hoping to use as a highlight on eyes when I'm feeling extra lazy.
Garnet sounds great! I love my clear Full and Smooth lippie. I assume these are like the Nourish line as well. Definitely moisturizing but the tint of color is a nice addition.

How did your dupes of Fanfare work out?

I never thought about using a cream highlight as a eye highlight. Brilliant!
Favorites

MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 pm

4wheel wrote:Prowl is a shimmer and has a deep brown berry color in my crease. I have a BACKUP of it. I like it that much. While Vex is matte and a deep plume color in my crease. My sample is just about out so I saw it was in the kit and I like Bespoke ( another sample) its a soft pink. I think Mojave is a soft sand tone. ( I need to pull this one back out :D ) MB, I'll give an update once it gets here and I try it out.

JenK , I too like unscented, but I miss some of the scented ones too. I still have one Baby Kisses *Love*
I guess looks are deceiving. I thought they were similar but from your description, they sound like they are both totally different colors. I may need them after all ;)
Favorites