Winter Collection

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenK

Re: Winter Collection

Post by JenK » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:20 am

MBlovesSN wrote:
JenK wrote:The only new color I got was Garnet from the Winter Collection. I love it, a very wearable red. Looks great applied lightly and with a couple of coats for a deeper look. I got 3 jars of the Unscented Body Butter ( my fav!! Why aren't more things unscented) and the cuticle balm.
In my search for a replacement for my beloved Fanfare I got Gold Blush ( got years ago in my first order) and Allure (hoping applied lightly it will look like fanfare). I also got Limelight HD, hoping to use as a highlight on eyes when I'm feeling extra lazy.
Garnet sounds great! I love my clear Full and Smooth lippie. I assume these are like the Nourish line as well. Definitely moisturizing but the tint of color is a nice addition.

How did your dupes of Fanfare work out?

I never thought about using a cream highlight as a eye highlight. Brilliant!
The dupes didn't go well, but both are easy, wearable colors that will get a lot of wear. Gold Blush is actually a bit too cool for me, but bc of sheerness very wearable. Allure turned out to be a slightly warmer color of my lips. Fanfar was the perfect wearable coppery color.

On a funny note, I thought I grabbed my beloved clear nourish lippie and put a few layers on without looking in the mirror. Thankfully, I looked before I left the bathroom bc it was limelight HD blush!!!! Hysterical!!

On me I find Smooth and full tinted lippies to be more moisturizing than the tinted nourish line. Though, the clear nourish is my HG. The ingredients some how pull out my lip color and I actually find myself wondering what color I put on bc it's perfect only to remember it's Clear!!
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:49 am

I cant wait till I can place an order! I'm getting to that point I need everything. Money is tight so I have to be careful what I spend money on. If anyone has swatches I'd love to see!
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:57 pm

JenK wrote:
MBlovesSN wrote:
JenK wrote:The only new color I got was Garnet from the Winter Collection. I love it, a very wearable red. Looks great applied lightly and with a couple of coats for a deeper look. I got 3 jars of the Unscented Body Butter ( my fav!! Why aren't more things unscented) and the cuticle balm.
In my search for a replacement for my beloved Fanfare I got Gold Blush ( got years ago in my first order) and Allure (hoping applied lightly it will look like fanfare). I also got Limelight HD, hoping to use as a highlight on eyes when I'm feeling extra lazy.
Garnet sounds great! I love my clear Full and Smooth lippie. I assume these are like the Nourish line as well. Definitely moisturizing but the tint of color is a nice addition.

How did your dupes of Fanfare work out?

I never thought about using a cream highlight as a eye highlight. Brilliant!

The dupes didn't go well, but both are easy, wearable colors that will get a lot of wear. Gold Blush is actually a bit too cool for me, but bc of sheerness very wearable. Allure turned out to be a slightly warmer color of my lips. Fanfar was the perfect wearable coppery color.

On a funny note, I thought I grabbed my beloved clear nourish lippie and put a few layers on without looking in the mirror. Thankfully, I looked before I left the bathroom bc it was limelight HD blush!!!! Hysterical!!

On me I find Smooth and full tinted lippies to be more moisturizing than the tinted nourish line. Though, the clear nourish is my HG. The ingredients some how pull out my lip color and I actually find myself wondering what color I put on bc it's perfect only to remember it's Clear!!
Wasn’t Fanfare a peach with gold, rendering it copper on the lips? I saw a new ALG color called Soulmate, but it looks like a peachy with silver shimmer. The tone might be close though. So layered, Gold Blush and Allure were not a good mix?

Ha! I bet that was an interesting lip color. I haven’t done that with lip colors but I have done that with eye colors before. At least it is an easy fix!

The clear Full and Smooth really is the most moisturizing I have found, but I have only tried one Nourish, and that is Lingonberry, which I think may be discontinued now. What color are your lips naturally? Lucky you! Mine are a nice medium raspberry pink but I usually need a little color on my lips since my skin tone is close to my hair tone and eye color and bare lips make me look washed out.
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:59 pm

cristy_amk wrote:I cant wait till I can place an order! I'm getting to that point I need everything. Money is tight so I have to be careful what I spend money on. If anyone has swatches I'd love to see!
Any particulate swatches you want to see? I don’t have a huge collection but I may can help (most of my collection is in moving boxes right now though :cry: ).
Favorites

4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:09 pm

MBlovesSN wrote:
4wheel wrote:Prowl is a shimmer and has a deep brown berry color in my crease. I have a BACKUP of it. I like it that much. While Vex is matte and a deep plume color in my crease. My sample is just about out so I saw it was in the kit and I like Bespoke ( another sample) its a soft pink. I think Mojave is a soft sand tone. ( I need to pull this one back out :D ) MB, I'll give an update once it gets here and I try it out.

JenK , I too like unscented, but I miss some of the scented ones too. I still have one Baby Kisses *Love*
I guess looks are deceiving. I thought they were similar but from your description, they sound like they are both totally different colors. I may need them after all ;)
If you have and like Prowl you will really like Vex. I had Pairs (blush that is not one the site anymore :( ) in my crease today ( Tart Light maybe a close dupe that is here) with Vex in my outer crease and into 1/3 of my outer lid and Bespoke on my 2/3 of my inner lid. It looked pretty. Oh, black eye liner to finish the look. I did get Oil Slick and Spitfire and just swatched them on my hand and IF you love glimmer you will like them. I'm a fan of glimmer and mattes for the eyes and Ill be working on a look with them. Oil slick reminds me of and old E/S that came out YEARS ago ( 12?) called Gasoline. Karen did a wonderful creation of this color. It has all those multi colors you see in real gasoline in a black shadow...BEAUTIFUL! :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:17 pm

cristy_amk wrote:I cant wait till I can place an order! I'm getting to that point I need everything. Money is tight so I have to be careful what I spend money on. If anyone has swatches I'd love to see!
Hi, Cristy! The ones SN did are very close. I have not done any in years! I don't think I have my Photobucket account anymore. That is what I used to do them in years ago :o . Glad to see you here. :D I sent you a PM.
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:45 am

4wheel wrote:
MBlovesSN wrote:
4wheel wrote:Prowl is a shimmer and has a deep brown berry color in my crease. I have a BACKUP of it. I like it that much. While Vex is matte and a deep plume color in my crease. My sample is just about out so I saw it was in the kit and I like Bespoke ( another sample) its a soft pink. I think Mojave is a soft sand tone. ( I need to pull this one back out :D ) MB, I'll give an update once it gets here and I try it out.

JenK , I too like unscented, but I miss some of the scented ones too. I still have one Baby Kisses *Love*
I guess looks are deceiving. I thought they were similar but from your description, they sound like they are both totally different colors. I may need them after all ;)
If you have and like Prowl you will really like Vex. I had Pairs (blush that is not one the site anymore :( ) in my crease today ( Tart Light maybe a close dupe that is here) with Vex in my outer crease and into 1/3 of my outer lid and Bespoke on my 2/3 of my inner lid. It looked pretty. Oh, black eye liner to finish the look. I did get Oil Slick and Spitfire and just swatched them on my hand and IF you love glimmer you will like them. I'm a fan of glimmer and mattes for the eyes and Ill be working on a look with them. Oil slick reminds me of and old E/S that came out YEARS ago ( 12?) called Gasoline. Karen did a wonderful creation of this color. It has all those multi colors you see in real gasoline in a black shadow...BEAUTIFUL! :D
That look with pinks sounds amazing; maybe you can post a picture?!?!?! I can’t pull off many pink looks so I envy you! Vex is on my list now; I’ve also got Aubergine on my list as well (I think I need more dark purple colors). I don’t remember Gasoline; a GWP? Oil slick looks amazing for a liner color!
Favorites

4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:03 pm

MBlovesSN wrote:
4wheel wrote:
That look with pinks sounds amazing; maybe you can post a picture?!?!?! I can’t pull off many pink looks so I envy you! Vex is on my list now; I’ve also got Aubergine on my list as well (I think I need more dark purple colors). I don’t remember Gasoline; a GWP? Oil slick looks amazing for a liner color!
Ooooh, I love Aubergine. It is a great liner color too ( I need to get that color back out).I very rarely purchase blue eye shadows...they just don't look that good on me. I envy those who look good in those colors. Gasoline was from another mineral makeup company that is no longer around. And yes Oil Slick does make a great liner color too. I used it with a liner sealer. There with be shimmer fall out if you don't. :o