Skincare Help! Product recommendations

kkaris

Skincare Help! Product recommendations

Post by kkaris » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi everyone! :)
I am 22 and I have highly sensitive, acne prone, and congested skin- quite a lot of blackheads.
Right now I use grapeseed oil to cleanse and I use mad hippie's vitamin c serum, along with pure aloe vera gel at night as a moisturizer. I currently am not trying anything to treat the pimple problem, as my skin has reacted very badly in the past.

I was wondering if anyone could give me recommendations on cleanser/toner/serum/moisturizer? I wear makeup every day (the natural noncomodegenic type) and I generally use grapeseed oil to take it off, but if anyone has recommendations from silk naturals (I was looking at the oatmeal serum for the next serum I try) I would really appreciate it <3

Thanks!
JenW

Re: Skincare Help! Product recommendations

Post by JenW » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:05 am

Try KISS cleanser.

For toner, pH balanced, but at some point try the BHA. It should help with acne. Just take it slow on use. You might never go much past once every other day. Start with evenings only, every third day.

Oatmeal Serum should be good one. Green Tea & Aloe is another serum that is good for skin that is prone to acne.

Sample the Hemp and Jojoba Moisturizers.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
kkaris

Post by kkaris » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Thanks so much! I have been using oatmeal serum religiously and aloe vera still at night since my skin is so sensitive. I have been terrible with my diet though-- dairy and sugar really trigger breakouts for me! need to stop doing that haha. Oatmeal really calms it down though- makes my skin a lot less red and even "glowy".

I was thinking of trying a vitamin C serum to fade acne scars and help some of the pimples heal-- would you recommend Mama's Helper for sensitive skin types?

Thanks for your time! Love Silk Naturals makeup and skin products
: :)
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Mama's Helper is a good one. I would choose it over just the simpler Vitamin C Peptide serum.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com