Eyeshadow for Beginners

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Blaze242

Eyeshadow for Beginners

Post by Blaze242 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 pm

I recently came across the Silk Naturals cosmetics and I'm in love with it!

I'm 22, and haven't really experimented with eye shadow. I'm looking at purchasing a few different shades, but don't even know where to start lol :? Matte? Shimmer? Metalic :o

I have very fair skin (N10), medium brown hair and blue-grey eyes.

Anyways, I'm wondering what shades go best together. Lid, crease, highlight brow bone, etc.

Thanks in advance!!
naughtykittens

Re: Eyeshadow for Beginners

Post by naughtykittens » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Welcome!

If you look under "eye shadows" and then "eye color kits" you can find one for blue eyes. I don't have blue eyes and I've only tried one of those shadows, however. I think your best bet would be to consult google, youtube, etc. regarding good eyeshadow colors and combos for your features. Then, browse the silk naturals site for similar colors. The ratings and reviews can be very helpful.

As far as finish/texture, I'd recommend trying one of each to see which you like best, and which sticks to your skin best. For instance, the matte shadows tend to easily crease and slide on my lids unless i use a primer. Lots of people use a primer all the time but I'm lazy. :)

Good luck and enjoy!