Skin Care Regime for Aging Skin and Safe for Pregnancy

Modesty

Skin Care Regime for Aging Skin and Safe for Pregnancy

Post by Modesty » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Hello! Please would you recommend for me a skin care regime for aging skin that is dry with large pores and that is safe for pregnancy. Please include cleanser, toner, serum and moisturizer both for AM and PM. Thank-you, Looking Foward!
JenW

Re: Skin Care Regime for Aging Skin and Safe for Pregnancy

Post by JenW » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:51 pm

The best cleanser for dry skin is Apricot Cleanser. It is an oil cleanser with a surfactant to help it rinse off. Use AM and PM.

For toner, AHA every other day in the PM, mostly because of the photo sensitivity it can cause. This is an exfoliating toner, so if you don't really need that, I would skip it.

Use Mama's Helper Serum both AM and PM.

Either the Hemp or Jojoba Moisturizer. Both AM and PM.

For pregnancy, we will always lean more on the side of caution.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Modesty

Post by Modesty » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:56 am

Thank-you. The Mama's Helper Serum sounds great! Does it need to dry before I apply moisturizer? Can it be used without a moisturizer? Meaning, is it hydrating on its own?

I don't need exfoliating toner. What about the Pore Refing Toner? Is it pregnancy safe? Does it help with aging enlarged pores?

Can the Oatmeal Hydrating Serum and/or the Green Tea and Aloe Hydrating Serum replace a moisturizer? If so which would you suggest?

One more question: Is the stevia in the new Hyper Gloss Lippies strong like in Petticoat or subtle like in the Cherry Berry Lip Balm?

Thank-you again for such wonderful products!
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Modesty wrote:The Mama's Helper Serum sounds great! Does it need to dry before I apply moisturizer? Can it be used without a moisturizer? Meaning, is it hydrating on its own?
No it does not need to dry. It is hydrating on its own, but is missing the oil component to seal the moisture in the skin. Depending on your climate, you may be able to skip moisturizer, but since you have mentioned dry skin, I will venture that just Mama's Helper will not be enough. You could always try a few drops of an oil on top.
Modesty wrote:I don't need exfoliating toner. What about the Pore Refing Toner? Is it pregnancy safe? Does it help with aging enlarged pores?
If it did not make it into the Pregnancy recommended products on the website (and this one has been around since Karen had her son) there is likely a reason.
Modesty wrote:Can the Oatmeal Hydrating Serum and/or the Green Tea and Aloe Hydrating Serum replace a moisturizer? If so which would you suggest?
These are both hydrating serums. They will need something to hold the moisture in the skin, more than Mama's Helper.
Modesty wrote:One more question: Is the stevia in the new Hyper Gloss Lippies strong like in Petticoat or subtle like in the Cherry Berry Lip Balm?
I found it to be on the light side.
Faves-
Modesty

Post by Modesty » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:41 am

Thank-you! I will give it a try and let you know.
Is the Elixir- Blackberry Pomegranate Matte Lip Balm sweet like the Hyper Gloss or more subtle like the Cherry Berry Lip Balm? What is the ingredient 'flavor'? Is there any stevia?
Thank-you again for all your help and excellent customer service!
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Modesty wrote:Thank-you! I will give it a try and let you know.
Is the Elixir- Blackberry Pomegranate Matte Lip Balm sweet like the Hyper Gloss or more subtle like the Cherry Berry Lip Balm? What is the ingredient 'flavor'? Is there any stevia?
Thank-you again for all your help and excellent customer service!
Flavor is just the flavoring in it. If there is not stevia listed, it is not in there. Karen is as transparent as she can be with ingredients. For super specific questions on what is in the flavoring I would use the contact form on the website.

I have not tried all of the ones you mentioned so I can't give a good comparison for which is sweeter, etc. (I usually only see colored products.) I only vaguely remember the Cherry Berry, and have not tried Elixr. To me they are all pretty similar in taste.
Faves-
Modesty

Post by Modesty » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:00 pm

What is the shelp life for Mama's Helper Serum and for the Lemon Wasabi Blemish Buster?
Modesty

Post by Modesty » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:19 pm

and after the expiration date are they toxic or just not potent?
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:17 pm

About a year for shelf life. Not toxic, but a potency loss.

(However, during pregnancy I don't know if I personally would risk that for a small amount of money. I would get new nearing expiration.)
Faves-
Modesty

Post by Modesty » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:50 am

Can I use the Mama's Serum and the Oatmeal Serum mixed togethor?
How fresh are the products that I receive?