We're Having a Party!!!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
queenie50cat

Re: We're Having a Party!!!

Post by queenie50cat » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:07 am

Hope ya'll have fun-I'm in Tx.-you might as well be on the other side of the universe, as far away as I am. Anyway do have a ball. :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 am

Hi,
Planning this party has been a lot of fun! We're all very excited for it! I just confirmed the caterer- chocolate cake, lemon bars, and a few other fun things.

The move went fairly smoothly. We've been shipping since Monday, and I finally got the back room setup for production yesterday! The building is 150 years old, and I don't think anyone ever did anything with the hard wood floors in it. I scrubbed them for ages, and just couldn't get them to look nice- they're squeeky clean, but didn't look great, so we had to put down some linoleum under the jar filling area, and then by some stroke of insanity, I decided to refinish the other part. The front room is 20x25- the back room is going to have to wait. The new studio is actually bigger than my house- moving wasn't a huge issue, but cleaning and scrubbing everything has been a little more work than I imagined. I'm exhausted- but I think having the party the first week we're there is a good idea- it's forced us to really get our act together.

Yes- pics of the front room are more than welcome! You'll want to save a little room on your card for pics of the town. We have some wonderful scenery, and it's supposed to be very nice this weekend.

The chocolate shop is doing a tasting this weekend! She does them fairly frequently- but she's doing some special things this weekend including chocolate covered frozen bananas.

Ruby- it's a bummer that you can't make it, but a good reason to have another party! Now that we have the room, we'll probably do a few a year- so Sam let us know when you're back on the East Coast, and we'll throw another one- and this time we'll make sure that Ruby can make it!

I've got to run...today is the day that I get to make makeup for the party, and maybe start taking pictures of MOAC to put on the site. Did I mention that we're getting a new site? I'm not sure how far I'll get today- we can migrate some of the data from the old site, but the new one has a lot of great features, and I have to go through each of the item descriptions to make it look really nice. With 160 products- plus about 20 more to release ASAP I don't think I'll get to all of it today. We outsourced the site design, but I can't let someone else near the customer data, and product descriptions.

Take care,
Karen
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Karen,

Your party is going to be the "talk" of the town! It sounds wonderful and you are so generous and thoughtful to throw this shindig for your customers. It's supposed to in the upper 70's here Sat, so superb weather, chocolate tastings, lemon bars and YOUR MMU is about the best combination I can think of. I will definitely attend the next one, whenever that may be. Looking forward to hearing all about it and remember I'll be there in spirit :)
Ruby/Susan
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:37 am

OMGracious! A chocolate-tasting,too?!? AND chocolate cake? Won't be able to tie me down, hehe.

Can't wait to just BE in the town & soak up the vibes. You know how everyplace gives off its own aura....& I *love* old buildings & little unexpected shops...this is just plain cool! <Happy Dancing All The Way> :D

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)