Favorite Neutrals

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
EtherealJane

Favorite Neutrals

Post by EtherealJane » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Hey ladies! I've been absent from the forum for awhile but I'm looking for some rather specific neutrals. I am looking for a champagney lid color with a fun taupe crease color for everyday. I've got a few SN shadows that I love, but I'm realizing that I don't love the shimmer in all of them. I don't love matte shadows on my eyes though--they are too flat, and I like a frost or a shimmer but a very fine particled shimmer if that makes sense? No glitter but not flat either? TIA for your suggestions!
shiny

Re: Favorite Neutrals

Post by shiny » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:48 am

If you like pale pink champagne have you tried Goddess? Makes a great highlighter as well.

I love warm taupes and cool browns. Regardless of what they're called, these are my favorites:
Mink - for a "soft eye" with a bit of pizazz
Tru Luv - looks more taupe than brown to me, more like the round picture than the skin swatch
Martian - darker than Tru Luv, it's lighter than depth scale of "6" if you go easy with it
Danny - a blend of neutral earthy greens with pearly gray. Indescribable. Not a taupe but seriously FUN.

There must be others but these four with Goddess are my neutral mainstays. FWIW I'm a Soft Summer with gray-blue-green eyes
victoriagreenlee0531

Re: Favorite Neutrals

Post by victoriagreenlee0531 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:57 pm

This is my best neutral look from Silk Naturals
What I'm wearing-
-Au natural lipstick
-Climax blush
-Hula honey bronzer
-Angel glow
-Medium ash brow gel
Took this picture for my mothers catalog for her jewelry business. Hence all the jewelry lol
And I do have the rights to the picture my sister was the photographer and she is Amazing.
Attachments
Neutrals I'm wearing from Silk Naturals<br />Au natural lipstick<br />Climax blush<br />Hula honey bronzer<br />Angel glow<br />Medium ash brow gel
Neutrals I'm wearing from Silk Naturals
Au natural lipstick
Climax blush
Hula honey bronzer
Angel glow
Medium ash brow gel
image.jpeg (121.95 KiB) Viewed 10623 times