Finishing powders

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Luna_Lee

Finishing powders

Post by Luna_Lee » Fri May 06, 2016 1:37 am

I have pale, olive toned skin with some left over acne marks/scars (the marks are red and completely flat). I do NOT wear foundation of any kind. ( Just a light moisturizer and sunscreen ). My skin is also naturally on the oily side.

1) Out of the finishing powders (available on this site), which would be best for a smooth, soft, completely sheer, mattifying effect? ( no sparkle/shimmer )

( I also don't want to have 'ghostface' in photos either ).

2) And I was also wondering if any of these would be safe to put on or around the eye area ( I have oily lids and am allergic to most primers). I don't want any powder to settle into fine lines.

If you have any specific recommendations/suggestions, please feel free to share. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading!
JenW

Re: Finishing powders

Post by JenW » Thu May 12, 2016 4:14 pm

It is hard to recommend something that will cover all of those bases. I can definitely work with the no shimmer. For that try one of the Blur powders. I don't think you will need Oil Control.

I can't guarantee it won't give you a white face in pictures, though. Minerals can do that. It all depends on the lighting.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com