Colors for blueberry, almost black eyes

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Mahree

Colors for blueberry, almost black eyes

Post by Mahree » Tue May 03, 2016 3:29 am

Hi there!

Oh, I hope you mavens can help. I keep reading that bronze and gold colors are great to make blue eyes pop, but that's really more for light blue eyes. Mine are dark -- I mean really, really, blueberry, almost a blackberry, color. So I have noooooo idea what colors will work. I bought a bunch from Silk Naturals, but, wanting a bright fresh spring look, I went overboard in buying light colors, and they mostly all look about the same! :shock:

These are some colors I got:
First Kiss- light pink/tan matte- Thea
Cutie Pie- light matte tan
Goddess- creamy pearl
Whipped Cream- white shimmer

I love the white shimmer to highlight! But I don't think the rest are right. Or maybe they would work with some additional colors?

My skin is light, not quite pale. A neutral light foundation works for me. Warm or cool colors work on my skin.

Thank you in advance!!!

Thanks for any help!
Mahree
4wheel

Re: Colors for blueberry, almost black eyes

Post by 4wheel » Mon May 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi, Mahree. Try some of the new colors like Strawberry Blond, Sundress, Belle, Boots, Savannah , and Scene Stealer with the colors you have. I have green eyes with a dark blue ring around them and this makes my eye pop. These are some of the new release. Your eyes sound beautiful. :) :) :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
shiny

Re: Colors for blueberry, almost black eyes

Post by shiny » Thu May 12, 2016 12:33 pm

I'd say go darker than Cutie Pie and First Kiss. In Karen's descriptions look for Depth of at least 4.

Legend, Boost, Parallel, Scene Stealer, Martian, Tru Luv, Eu-Taupe-Ia? I'm a fair-neutral with a dark blue-gray ring around my iris and those all make my eyes pop. They look really different depending on if you apply them sheer or with a heavy hand, so experiment. I like Goddess with all of them as a lid and highlight color.

Most people put a medium depth color on their lids, a darker color in the crease, and a highlight under the brow bone. But if you have hooded or deep-set eyes you can bring them out more by putting the light highlight color on the inner 2/3 of your lids, then a medium depth color in the crease and outer 1/3 of your lids, and the highlight color again under the browbone. Like a reverse Oreo cookie.

HTH!