How to Handle the Holidays

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
krenee

Re: How to Handle the Holidays

Post by krenee » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:11 pm

I will confess and admit that I am so one of those people who does not really "like" Christmas that much. I liken myself a lot to Luther Krank in the beginning of the book "Skipping Christmas" and if I had my choice I would probably do what he's trying to do and escape to someplace warm and kind of ignore the whole thing. ;) Don't get me wrong - there are parts of it I like - for instance, I enjoy seeing the house when it's all decorated (my husband likes Christmas decorations and so we have a TON of them - Longaberger baskets, nativity sets, bears, different themes of decorations - etc etc etc) but it is just painful to me to have to get it all out and then put it all away. I like going to midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, but I do NOT like having to arrive at church an hour early just to get a seat. I guess it is the thing of all the stores being packed and having to fight crowds everywhere you go and all the extra stress that I don't like. I truthfully breathe a sigh of relief when it's Jan 2 and it's all over again for another year.