Conditioner

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Xarata

Conditioner

Post by Xarata » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:47 am

As many of you probably know about a month ago I decided to make my own conditioner and ordered supplies from GOW. The first package arrived "without contents" so i had to wait another week or two. That has been sitting on my table for about 4 days so tonight I said, what the hell, go for it. I didn't buy any special equipment (not even a thermometer)- Frankly, I just flew by the seat of my pants!

I used conditioning pellets, water, and glycerin as the main ingredients and "tweaked" the oil phase with coconut oil, silk powder, and a touch of virgin red palm oil. I also scented it with cinnamon vanilla fragrance oil. Unfortunately, it has no preservative since that was on backorder and didn't arrive (next time i make a batch, it will have a preservative) I threw in some blobs of this in that from products i own and used my magic bullet-type blender for the dirty work. I did have to blend it at the end as well as the blending of the conditioner pellets at the beginning but... it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so glad I made it. I already used it too and it is just what i wanted lol. It has a couple little blumpys where i could have blended it a little harder but i'm so glad I did this. The supplies were obviously way more expensive than a traditional bottle of conditioner (I'd say I spent ~$30) but each batch is ~20oz and I have enough material to make probably 5 or so more batches so that's about $4-$5/bottle which is really pretty average.

Thanks Karen for all the tips, it made me a lot less nervous going into the process and I ended up with something great! ;)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
JenW

Re: Conditioner

Post by JenW » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Hey Samantha!
Your 'Xarata Conditioner' sounds FAB. MIY is so rewarding, isn't it? I had great fun just tweaking base lotions from GoW, one for body and one for face. I am going to try some SLS free melt and pour soap next.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com