I am a MAC NW20 and need advice for formula

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
liz33

Re: I am a MAC NW20 and need advice for formula

Post by liz33 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:15 am

This is a super old thread, but I thought I would post in case anyone else finds it like I did. I am also MAC NW20, and this is the formula I came up with and have been loving.

2 scoops Ebony
1 scoop Warm Gold
1 scoop Buttery Gold
18 scoops translucent powder

It looks nothing like NW20 in the container, but it matches my skin really well and goes on nice and light (I use it dry over a CC cream). I'm so glad I figured it out!
JenW

Re: I am a MAC NW20 and need advice for formula

Post by JenW » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:08 pm

liz33 wrote:This is a super old thread, but I thought I would post in case anyone else finds it like I did. I am also MAC NW20, and this is the formula I came up with and have been loving.

2 scoops Ebony
1 scoop Warm Gold
1 scoop Buttery Gold
18 scoops translucent powder

It looks nothing like NW20 in the container, but it matches my skin really well and goes on nice and light (I use it dry over a CC cream). I'm so glad I figured it out!
I think you will find this is darker than expected.

Really, for the pic you posted earlier, you should be able to do one color base plus the white. I am curious which white base you have. Vegan, Original, Medium Coverage, Heavy Coverage, or All Purpose?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com