New mascara brush?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fluttershy

New mascara brush?

Post by fluttershy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:29 am

I received my replacement mascara yesterday and was surprised to find the brush looked nothing like my existing tube. The bristles are spread far apart, making it next to impossible to build any volume. :(

Is this new? Is there a way to safely sanitize my existing brush so I can keep using it? I will have to buy a different brand because the new brush just doesn't work for my eyelid shape and lashes.
JenW

Re: New mascara brush?

Post by JenW » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:12 pm

I would try to clean the old one. Start with soap and water. Rinse very well. It is worth a shot in my opinion. You can sanitize with alcohol, too.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:45 pm

I seriously considered this, but I don't like to mess around with eye makeup because an infection could really mess my life up. I think I'm just going to have to start hunting for a new mascara. :( I wish the brush hadn't changed!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:38 am

They did change it...I haven't found a better mascara formula unfortunately.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Tue May 24, 2016 1:32 pm

So I tried my hardest to make it through my bottle, but I definitely won't be repurchasing. The new wand is so frustrating to use and does a huge disservice to an otherwise pleasant formula. :( I noticed my review on the product page was not posted, I wonder if it's because I recommended an alternate product of a different brand with a wand similar to the old wand?

Either way, I think it might be a good idea to update the product image, or at least the description so that long-time buyers know the wand has changed.