Advice on current SN Skin Care Regimen

Nagem7

Advice on current SN Skin Care Regimen

Post by Nagem7 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:41 am

Hello,

A little background on me and my skin. I am 30 years old, have combination (oily in t-zone, can dry out around mouth area) and am acne prone.

I have seen several dermatologists and the last one told me that my testosterone is too high causing acne. Put me on a pill and retin-a. This worked for a while but then I decided I wanted to move away from pills and harsh chemicals as a treatment and only as a last resort. Found SN and I LOVE your products and what you stand for.

I mostly have surface level acne (not much cystic acne, one of these will pop up about once or twice a week). I also get small bumps on my chin, which if I pick at them are indeed pimples, however, they don't typically come to a head. I do enjoy picking at my face, so I have some acne scars. I know I need to keep my hands off my face and am working to do better at that.

Here's the Silk Naturals regimen I am on. Can you please confirm if you think this is the best course of action for me? My main concerns are clear up my acne, prevent wrinkles, and have clear, radiant, even toned skin with less scarring.

AM:
Wash: Alba Botancial Acne Dote (has salicylic acid)
Toner: SN AHA
Serum: SN Green Tea and Aloe
Lotion : SN Firming Moisturizer
Makeup: SN foundation and tinted blur, Tarte blush and bronzer, maybeline mascara

PM:
Wash: SN Kiss Foaming Cleanser
Toner: SN BHA
Serum: SN Vitamin C
Treatment : Lemon Wasabi Acne treatment

I have seen improvements (been doing this now for a a couple of weeks) but I am still getting acne. I think my skin is purging from what I've read, but what your advice. Should I change anything up? No other reactions, my skin is not sensitive to AHA or BHA. Should I add my RX retina-a in? Or change up any current SN products? That would be my last resort to go back to the retina-a.

Thank you so much for reading and responding,
Megan
JenW

Re: Advice on current SN Skin Care Regimen

Post by JenW » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:30 pm

I think what you are doing is pretty good.

As far as doing things that were recommended by a derm that worked? I kind of think you should stick to that. I do get wanting to be sure it is the only thing that works. Skincare is so complex. One person might just need a good cleanser and a good moisturizer. Another needs more. And our skin changes as we age so what it needs changes, too. I just think if you find something that works, do that. Until it doesn't. And then rethink.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com