Product recommendations, please?

dulcecandy

Product recommendations, please?

Post by dulcecandy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:12 pm

Hello!
I wanted to see if anyone can recommend some skin care products for me? I am a 24 year old female with dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. Currently my biggest issues are with dryness on my forehead and chin and clogged pores (both blackheads and whiteheads) on my cheeks and chin as well. I occasionally get cystic acne spots on my jawline along with some discoloration.

I currently use the Ren Purity Cleansing Balm in the evening to remove my makeup, Sunday Riley's Good Genes treatment for exfoliation (sometimes I mix it in a blend of sunflower/rosehip/hazelnut oil), the Laneige Water Bank serum for hydration, and the Ren Vitamineral Rescue Creme for my moisturizer. In the morning I usually splash my face with cold water, followed by the Laneige serum and the Ren moisturizer, and I finally top this off with some sunscreen.

I am pretty content with the cleansing balm and the moisturizer, but everything else I am not really sure about. I was thinking of purchasing one of the toners, either the BHA or AHA for exfoliation, but I am not sure which one would be most helpful for my skin? Also, I was thinking of trying one of the vitamin C serums for my discoloration, but I'm not sure which one.
If anyone can offer me any suggestions I would be very grateful!! :)
JenW

Re: Product recommendations, please?

Post by JenW » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:59 am

Start with BHA as a toner. Every other day at first, and in the evening.

For a serum, you can really try any of them. I think Awesome Sauce is where I would start!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
dulcecandy

Re: Product recommendations, please?

Post by dulcecandy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Thank you for your help, JenW!