Replacement for Hot Blooded

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
maggishness

Replacement for Hot Blooded

Post by maggishness » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:31 am

So, I used to use SN lippies years ago, then had several years of hardly wearing makeup at all. Now I've started again, got a few SN lippies in new (to me) colours and found I still love the fomulas (though not so much the Velvet matte).
The colours I got this time are: Black Dahlia, Raindrops on Roses, Fashionista, Believer, Swoon (listed in order of preference).

However, I was really sad to see that one of my very favourite shades, Hot Blooded, is no longer available :(
Can anyone advise on which current colours might be similar? I loved that it was reddish, but not RED. I also sometimes layered it over a ruby-coloured lip stain which was just fabulous. I think Black Dahlia is the closest of the colours I got, but still more plummy than I remember Hot Blooded.

I tend to prefer a slight shimmer over completely non-shimmery, but can always layer again.

Anyway, I would be really grateful for any advice you ladies can give :)
JenW

Re: Replacement for Hot Blooded

Post by JenW » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:26 pm

The closest I can think of is Blaze. It is a different formula, though. And it is probably a little warmer in tone.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com