Holiday requests??

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Holiday requests??

Post by karen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:48 pm

We're working on some cool surprises for holiday. Does anyone have any requests?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
astralpantheress

Re: Holiday requests??

Post by astralpantheress » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:39 am

I was thinking about Chromatic Eye Cream Color in a rainbow iridescent shade with milky white base (not strong white though). Not just one iridescent colour, but a multitude of shades (hence rainbow). Imagine something along the lines of holographic iridescence, but less pronounced. I would personally prefer such product with shimmer or sheen, rather than with big chunks of glitter (I'm not a fan of glitter and I don't even know if glitter works well with cream color anyway :D).
I'm not sure if this type of colour + effect is doable, but it would be like the ultimate fairy eye shadow colour haha! :D
I think it would make a stunning colour to use by itself or as a topper for different colours as well. :P
happyhiker

Post by happyhiker » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm sure it was discontinued for a reason, but my daughter and I would really like to see Saucy body oil come back! We both loved it so much!
Jill
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:00 pm

I would be interested in some sets and kits. A brush set might be neat. One thing that I have been trying to figure out for a while is how to make sort of a travel palette - maybe a shallow container with a hinged lid (like a deeper z-palette) where the jars can be swapped in and out of the tray, but I would need some sort of way to hold them in place and still be easily usable individually. Placing magnetic stickers on ALL of my SN jars...well, it would take a while. ;) Alternatively, a container with several small compartments to decant into where the lid fit closely against the dividers to prevent spillage.
I'd love to see a full face kit, with an eyeshadow, a blush, and a lippie. Some really cool coordinated combos could give us new makeup inspiration. A complexion kit would also be amazing, with either stackable jars of foundation, concealer, and powder, or some form of palette or stackable containers with the cream formula foundations and concealers, maybe with powder included. Given the difficulty of creating shade matching kits, they could be chosen by concealer and perhaps either select their cream foundation color, get sample baggies of powder foundation mixes, or simply fill their own powder foundation. A blush set or contour set would also be great.
Anything sparkly! I love gold shimmer in lippies and this is the festive time of year for them! A red one, in the neighborhood of Blaze and Concerto, would be perfect. And it might not be possible, but maybe a shimmery body powder? Sephora has one in white/iridescent, gold, and my favorite, rose gold. But it's about $18.
Lastly, anything moisturizing! Hand cream perhaps. I would LOVE a nail strengthener of some kind, maybe with things like silica and horsetail. A cuticle cream or hand cream formula. And a lip mask! For those times every once in a while where your lips freak out and dry and crack.
Just a FEW ideas. ;)
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:54 pm

I would love to see more mauve matte eyeshadows, my favorite is Parallel and Analog, so something like those.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
shiny

Post by shiny » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Seconding Oxana's love for medium mattes like Parallel and Analog for a natural look.

Oxana, did you by any chance post a video of Silk Natural's Fall release? I looked for it on your (AWESOME!) channels but didn't see it.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:00 am

Not sure if this is a festive color ;) but I would love to see Allure available in the velvet matte formula!!! Vice was too light for me :(
JeiaMoore

Post by JeiaMoore » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Light Ash Brow Cream please :D (or maybe something even more grey - I've found that ashy colours on the brows look more natural on some blondes/light brunettes as well as people going grey)

I'd also like to suggest a cool red or plum in the Tinted Nourish - it's my fave formula as it's so moisturizing and smooth. Juicy is a gorgeous mlbb on me, but I'd love something a tiny bit bolder for the holiday season :)

Thanks Karen!
Chelc117

Post by Chelc117 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:34 am

I'd LOVE a dupe for the NARS Seduction Blush