Lip combos for unusable colors

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
VJellyBean

Lip combos for unusable colors

Post by VJellyBean » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:34 pm

Hello,

I'm new here and thought I'd share a lip combo that saved an unflattering (on me) shade from the trash. I'm fair/medium cool toned freckled skin, mauve/pink lips, green eyes, & dark brown hair. I ordered clandestine and it looks horrible on me. I was imagining a lovely coralish shade, but it washes me out/looks like melted & streaky circus peanut candy smeared all over my lips. Not cute!

I tried it on several times and concluded I was gonna toss it.

Then I tried clandestine with strawberry fields layered over. It looks great! Strawberry fields tones down the milkiness and makes it a touch more coralish red.

If clandestine is giving you trouble add some strawberry fields to it, see if you like it.

Do you have any shades that were unwearable until you discovered a good combo?
eliz1

Re: Lip combos for unusable colors

Post by eliz1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:17 am

For any color that doesn't look good on me, I apply a layer of Swank overtop and usually have very good luck with that! It's also my favorite on bare lips.
kendramac

Re: Lip combos for unusable colors

Post by kendramac » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:01 am

Oh my gosh I could have written this myself! Clandestine also looks terrible on me, it makes me look half-dead, lol. I also have dark hair, green eyes, and fair cool/neutral skin with freckles.
So thank you for the tip!! I don't have strawberry fields yet but I might just have to pick it up.

Since we're apparently twins, have you tried Garter yet?? I am OBSESSED. It is the perfect shade for me. I'd be willing to bet it would look great on you too ;)