lippie recs please

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
amym23

lippie recs please

Post by amym23 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi. I am new to silk naturals lippies. I am very fair.
I wear shade #2 in the hd cream concealer. I want to try some vegan lippies. I like natural looking shades that are not too dark and on the sheer side. I'm thinking of trying cultured, mai tai, and mirage. Are these good or should I try different shades?
VJellyBean

Re: lippie recs please

Post by VJellyBean » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:28 pm

I'm new here too, but have tried some lip products. The sheer ones I love are soft (MLBB color just gives my lips little glossiness very natural), damsel (beautiful light sheer pink that's not too bright), and strawberry fields (sheer red that can be applied very lightly and gives lips that just ate cherry popsicle look). I'm not familiar with the shades you mentioned specifically, but I do love the 3 sheer shades I mentioned above.
ErinL

Re: lippie recs please

Post by ErinL » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:53 am

Hi!

I am also very fair! Cultured is a great idea, I think! I'm not so sure about Mei Tei (I haven't tried that one), and I think Mirage would work also. A couple of other possibilities would be Icon, St. Tropez, Swagger, Five Star, Nice Tan, and Spin-Off. I haven't tried most of them, so I'm hoping some other ladies will chime in too! And maybe provide some side-by-side swatches! Unfortunately, some of my favorite natural-looking shades have been discontinued. :-(

Here some swatches of MeiTei (Oxana has very fair skin also, so it is a good comparison): http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... -2014.html

There are also some good swatches in the "Swatch" section of the forum here...I think in the "Swatch Gallery" thread on page 30 or so, Oxana has some more good swatches. It might help give you a bit of an idea of some of the shades.