Need Help on how to use skin care products

April T

Need Help on how to use skin care products

Post by April T » Sun May 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Hello! I have been using SN make up for well over a year now. I won't use anything else. I just recently decided to try the skin care line. I ordered many samples. I am wanting some advice on which combination is best to use for my skin and how to create a daily and/or nightly regime. I have samples of: BHA toner, Pore reducing toner, Oatmeal serum, hemp oil moisturizer and Apricot cleansing oil as well as the olive oil lotion/moisturizer. My skin is very pale with pink undertones. I also get red blotchy areas on my cheeks and chest. My skin is acne prone (I finally got that under control by switching to SN makeup), normal to combination on oily/dry, acne scarred in cheek area. I am 36 years old.
Two days ago I tried a combination before bed. Apricot cleansing oil wash/rinse, swiped on some pore toner and followed up with oatmeal serum. The next day I woke up with a couple of small whiteheads on my chin. My pores were clogged in that area so I assume the stuff worked them out. My skin seems a bit less red as well. I have not tried the BHA toner yet. I read to avoid sunlight when using, is this correct? I am wanting to reduce the acne scars, even out my red/blotchy skin tone, reduce some pores and of course have better overall looking skin. Are these samples something that would help? How should I use? Any other skin products I should try in combination with those? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
JenW

Re: Need Help on how to use skin care products

Post by JenW » Mon May 18, 2015 9:24 am

First of all, don't try too many new things at once. It will be harder to figure out the culprit if something does cause a reaction.

Acne prone skin might not do the best with the Apricot Cleansing Oil, but it could. It would be the first thing I would suspect if what you are using is not working for you. BHA will be a good addition to clean out the pores. Yes, you do need to be more aware of the sun when using BHA. It might be good to only use it at night. Please be vigilant with some kind of sunblock during the day.

Go with that for a while....cleanse with Apricot Cleansing Oil am and pm, Pore Refining Toner am/BHA pm every other day for starters and less often if it seems like it is overdoing it. Oatmeal Serum both am and pm. Add in something of a treatment serum for later. Maybe Awesome Sauce before the Oatmeal, but be sure the first group is working before you add anything else.

If it does seem like the Apricot Cleansing Oil is too much, try the KISS Cleanser.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
April T

Re: Need Help on how to use skin care products

Post by April T » Mon May 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Thank you for the tips! I guess I got carried away with the samples :) I love that this company offers them to try before you buy. I have spent too much money on other lines that did not work for me, therefore a waste. I will try what you suggested. The little breakouts cleared up the next day and so far my skin has not had any issues. I only use a little bit of product with each use. I am going to wait on using the BHA toner until after my camping trip. I will be out in the sun all weekend and although I wear sunscreen always, I don't want to take any chances. I burn fairly easily.
I will also try some samples of the products you suggested on my next order. Trial and error is what I live by. Hoping something works to even out my skin. :)