Has anybody gotten seasonal color analysis done?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
ralphi

Has anybody gotten seasonal color analysis done?

Post by ralphi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:05 pm

It's seeing an upswing in popularity these days, and the system seems a lot better than the old 4-season "Color Me Beautiful" system.

Seems like it'd be really helpful for choosing the best makeup colors! I was sad to see there's no natural brands recommended for each season though--mostly Revlon, mac, etc.
Last edited by ralphi on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makeupgeek

Re: Has anybody gotten seasonal color analasys done?

Post by makeupgeek » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:38 pm

I haven't had a professional analyze my color, but I did it myself. I am a deep (sometimes called dark) winter.

here are some helpful sites that use a more modernized version of the system:
http://www.prettyyourworld.com/16-seaso ... lysis.html
http://www.truth-is-beauty.com/blog/try ... -quiz-beta
http://diaryofacolouraddict.blogspot.co ... hoice.html

There are tons of other sites that can help you out too- google is your friend.
There are also helpful graphics if you google images of "16 color system" or anything like that, or one of the specific seasons.

Have fun!
ralphi

Post by ralphi » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:54 pm

Thanks for the info! I think it'll really help as there are a lot of colors I don't wear well.

There's also a super helpful Facebook page (called Figure my Season) where you can upload your pic and get others' opinions.
shiny

Post by shiny » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Color analysis is really interesting, and you're right, it's come a long way since the old 4 seasons. Now there are 12 or 16 seasons depending on which school you go by.

I'm a Soft Summer. Neutral leaning slightly cool. Soft Summers can't pull off red lipstick or black liner AT ALL, and that's been my experience. My makeup has to be super subtle and natural looking or else I look like a three year-old playing in her mother's makeup. I wear just enough to enhance my features, but not enough to look like I'm wearing makeup.

My favorite color analysis site is www dot 12Blueprints.com . If you go there, click on "About" then the "12Blueprints Blog Index."

Karen's notes of cool, warm, neutral, and color depth from white to black are very helpful. I wonder what the most common seasons are among among people here?
zeebs

Re: Has anybody gotten seasonal color analysis done?

Post by zeebs » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:51 am

I recently read about this, too, and I think I am some kind of autumn/winter shade. I am both warm and cool. With like a yellow tone.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Wed May 13, 2015 2:40 pm

I was told I was a cool back when CMB was big. Then the MAC ladies said I was far from that and that I was a warm ( I was very tan at the time). LOL I can wear both and so Im a both? :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
ralphi

Post by ralphi » Wed May 13, 2015 2:43 pm

You could be a neutral! The 12 seasons allow for neutral-cool and neutral-warm folks. Although I'm definitely "cool" and have very yellow skin--apparently there's such a thing as cool yellow! It Turns out I'm a "Soft Summer" Learning about all this has taught me a lot about color theory :D
shiny

Post by shiny » Sat May 16, 2015 1:11 am

According to the Sci\ART system theory, most people are neutrals. True cool and true warm as in True Winter, True Spring, True Summer and True Autumn coloring are less common.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Fri May 22, 2015 1:26 pm

ralphi wrote:You could be a neutral! The 12 seasons allow for neutral-cool and neutral-warm folks. Although I'm definitely "cool" and have very yellow skin--apparently there's such a thing as cool yellow! It Turns out I'm a "Soft Summer" Learning about all this has taught me a lot about color theory :D
Sound like I am both. :?: I can wear royal blue, true red and white in the winter and there is no sun and be light in tone and look alive and then tan in the summer and wear orange and every says wow that is your color you look good in it. LOL so I have both cool and warm and neutral tones. Thats good to know because for the longest time I never used any warm tone MU or clothes. :) :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
Linnea

Post by Linnea » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:18 am

I'm a Bright Spring in the 12 blueprints system and I also wear a lot of the Bright Winter colours as well. Candy Apple and Cherry Bomb cream blushes are perfect for both bright seasons. I've got a good rundown of which SN lips work for each season too if anyone wants. Being analyzed has 100% improved the way I look and how I shop for makeup for sure. So much more fun now!