Serums, moisturizers and toners that go together or not

marialu

Serums, moisturizers and toners that go together or not

Post by marialu » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:50 am

Hi, I've just ordered some samples of different serums, and also a new moisturizer to try out - and I'm now wondering if any of these and also what I already use, don't go together.

I'm in my mid-twenties, and I use both the AHA and BHA toner at night, not together of course, but I switch between them. I have dry, kind of sensitive skin, and is troubled by acne - mostly on my chin. I really like the Oatmeal Hydrating Serum, as it calms my skin, but I don't find it as hydrating as I would like. At night I finish with either a combination of the Hemp Moisturizer and argan oil, or just argan oil by itself, and in the morning I follow the serum with the Hemp Moisturizer and then some SPF. Still, as this kind of works, I'm on the lookout for something even more hydrating, because even though I like both the Oatmeal and the Hemp, they both calm my skin, my skin feels tight and sort of dry afterwards. Now I've ordered the following serums as samples:
- awesome sauce
- green tea and aloe serum
- facelift vitamin C, DMAE & peptide
- botanical hydration
- super serum

I know that the Super Serum doesn't go with the toners, but will any of the others react to the toners? Do they go together with the Hemp Moisturizer and what about oils in general? (As well as argan oil, I sometimes use jojoba and cocnut oil)

I also ordered the Intensive Moisturizer w/CoQ10 and Renovage, hoping for some more moisture, so, does this go together with all the previous mentioned serums? And the toners?

I could of course test them all and see what goes together or not, and I probably will, to some degree, but I like to know a little bit about the products and how they go together or not, before trying them :) By the way - it's so hard to choose a serum, they all seem so wonderful in their description, so I have to just get a sample of almost all of them!

And thanks for all the great skincare products - I feel like I'm on my way to a more balanced skin :)
JenW

Re: Serums, moisturizers and toners that go together or not

Post by JenW » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:32 pm

They all look good! You are right about the toners and Super Serum....just don't use them in the same application to be on the safe side. You could use the toners at night and the Super Serum in the morning.

It really is all about finding something that works for you, and that you like. If you like it and it works, you are more apt to use it! (My example here would be the scent of a product for me personally....if the product smells odd to me, I almost never reach for it.)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com