Peptide Serum + Botanical Hydration Serum?

fluttershy

Peptide Serum + Botanical Hydration Serum?

Post by fluttershy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:13 pm

I'm madly, passionately in love with the botanical hydration serum. I wish they'd sell it in a larger bottle because I go through one every month or two. I use it similarly to a Japanese toner like hada labo (patting it all over until it sinks in immediately following cleansing and patting the face dry) and it's the most amazing thing.

I'd like to incorporate the peptide serum into my routine--would it be effective to use it after the botanical hydration serum? Products with HA seem to work best when your skin is still damp, so I feel like it would be less effective to use the BHS second.
JenW

Re: Peptide Serum + Botanical Hydration Serum?

Post by JenW » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Either way should work.

I would tend to use the Peptide Serum first, though. It is more of a treatment serum and the other is a hydration serum. On second thought, the vitamin C might actually have a place to 'stay' if the skin is more hydrated on application (it is water soluble), so your idea is definitely worth a try.

You could even see how it goes to blend the two in your hand before application, but I am more of a layerer.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com