LOVE the new Matte lipstick collection !!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Kathleen

Re: LOVE the new Matte lipstick collection !!!

Post by Kathleen » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Another vote for the new matte lipstick formula. I look forward to lighter floral tones for spring.
As a variation, I would love to see shimmer added to this formula, making it similar to Mac's frost formula-but better!

Kathleen
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Yay!!! I totally agree that we need some nice Spring colors (or anything Spring really)!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
shiny

Post by shiny » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:07 pm

I think 'Proper' is simply amazing. It's become my everyday, go-to lippie. It might be really pretty in the matte formula for Spring.

Conversely, I think an alternative, glossy version of Marsala would also be great. I love the color, but it definitely looks better on me with a slick of 'Smooth and Full' on top.
astralpantheress

Post by astralpantheress » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:07 am

I love the Matte lippies as well!

I have full size of Marsala and on me it looks more brown with plum undertones. It's interesting, because it seemed more reddish brown on Oxana in her video. Anyways, I love it for my general colouring. Dark vampy lip with a twist. :)

Today I got my latest order and I got Pin-up as a sample. I thought it would look horrible on me, but when I put it on, it looks absolutely AMAZEBALLS!!! :D I have fair skin with yellow undertones (Caucasian), dark brown hair and hazel eyes... so if you have similar warm colouring as I do, it might be your new favourite nude lippie! Definitely give it a try if you don't like pale nude lips, but instead prefer a bit "darker" nude lips.
naughtykittens

Post by naughtykittens » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:42 pm

I also love the new matte lipstick formula, and Marsala is the color I've been looking for for a long time and just not having any luck finding, until now! Most dark colors are too dark and/or vibrant, and most reds are too red or too orange or too blue, if that makes any sense, but Marsala is my perfect neutral red. I have similar coloring to astralpantheress, and I'm also glad I took a chance on Pin-up because I'm loving that as well. Great job, Karen!