Valentine's Day is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenK

Re: Valentine's Day is Live!!!

Post by JenK » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:02 pm

shiny wrote:It all looks so beautiful, Karen. I don't know how you do it!

I'm looking for something very similar to Sultry, i.e. deep, sophisticated, not too loud, but more brown and less pink to wear with colors like Boost, Legend and Maybe Baby blush. Will any of your new lipsticks do the trick?

FWIW, red-reds and lippies with a lavender or milky cast (Bobbi, Breathless) don't work for me.

Thanks!
I would give marsala a try. Everything turns pink or fuschia (Vroom even did ) on me and marsala doesn't. Sultry turned slightly pink on me after wearing for awhile. Marsala is actually my lip color. When I first put it on it was pretty brown and I was thinking thinking, no way is this gonna work. After a minute or two it turned to a very pretty plum/ brown with slight red.
Merlot is also very pretty, but very deep. Marsala is more for everyday wear.
shiny

Post by shiny » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Thanks, Jen. Just about everything turns pink on me, too. Marsala sounds like just what I'm looking for.

Until I found Sultry, every lippie that was either opaque, dark or red made me look like a child playing dress up, so I'm really looking forward to trying Marsala! Who knows... maybe I can finally graduate from sheer pinks to something more grownup.
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Anyone who has the new matte lipsticks, I'm dieing to know if any of you have tried patting the colors on your cheeks as blush??? I'm drooling over Sweet Tart but not for my lips (my lips just don't look right with bright colors) but for my cheeks! These may be way too pigmented for that but I'd love to try! Let me know if anyone has tried any of the new colors and cream blush and what you thought. Thanks!