Valentines Collection?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JeiaMoore

Valentines Collection?

Post by JeiaMoore » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 pm

I feel naughty asking about this :oops: , especially since we've just had a Holidays collection, but I seem to remember there was one last year so....

Is there going to be a Valentines Collection? ;)

If there is, I'd love to see a dupe of Nars Gaiety blush - it's such a pretty, romantic-looking, pop of pink for the cheeks :)

Gaiety is a matte, light but bright, cool pink - there's nothing similar in Silk Natural's that I could see (Tart blush is closest but Gaiety is lighter, brighter, bluer toned).
karen
Site Admin

Re: Valentines Collection?

Post by karen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Yes! There will be a small Valentine's collection this year. Keep the requests coming, and toss in your Spring wish lists too while you're at it.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:24 pm

I would love to have...

An updated version of Frosty es (or a reinstatement of the beloved original). A sheer, silvery-white sparkle bomb.

A new SN Retro Matte lipstick formula. I love plum, winter rose, and peach shades. And red...

Some full coverage duochrome frost lipsticks.

A hydrating barrier balm to pat over my face and neck. Something I can wear either over or under my makeup. Perhaps a castor oil based balm that has been oomphed up with a humectant and a few other nifty anti-aging ingredients?

Your eye shadows just get better and better. I never tire of Prisms, Duochromes, Eyelights, Mattelights, etc, especially in winter. Spring is is not even a concept right now where I live...

Thank you for all that you do!
Kathleen

ps. Two other wishes (not having to do with Valentines Day):

Please reinstate the Mystery Adventure Club - would love that!

It would be SO excellent to have a monthly limited edition lipstick or eye shadow - or both! :D
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:48 pm

Still wishing for a Victorian garden party theme with muted spring greens and peaches

Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:10 am

I love all things iridescent and duochrome :)
Really love cool toned lippies!
I have missed the 24K gold lippies in the past, so that would be neat to have a lippie like that again at some point.

It would be super fun to have another Mystery Adventure Club!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:17 pm

I would dearly love to see a pinkish based color corrector in powder and cream similar to Company-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named's Pick Me Up Bisque. They no longer make that product. It was a pink mixed with a fair foundation color if my memory serves me correctly.

MORE ALG's! I'd like to see a ALG version of Card Shark, Bitten or Mayhem for a brick-ish toned red and also some pinks along the lines of Aces and Jane. Pretty pink/pinkish coral for spring.

I can't have enough ALG's, I love loved love the Christmas/Winter colors, so I bought them up. I think I have all of them, because I love this formula so much.

I second that Barrier/Balm. My face takes a beating in the cold, even when covered, so I'd love something to help protect it.

I'd also like a guide on how to mix foundation to match the cream foundation shades, I've tried without success to make a dead on match for N30 and C50. Let's just say that my shop vac with super filter got a good workout that day.

I'd also like a guide on how to mix/tint the Ultra Sheer zinc finishing powders to match the cream foundations. I don't leave the house with out at least TWO layers of sun protection and like the option of touching up with a tinted sheer zinc. That would be FABULOUS for year round use.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:53 pm

I posted a thread about this but I'll include it here so its in one place :-)

From the thread post:
I'd love to see matte lipsticks with a finish similar to filling in lips with a lip liner :). I find myself gravitating to matte lipsticks these days and would love to see pinky nudes, bright fuchsias!

I have no idea if this is possible, but thank you for looking!

Thanks Karen!!! Can't wait to see what new goodies you come up with!!!
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Yay!! I would really really love some more Cream Shadows with duochrome. Colors that work well as a one-color wash.
Also, maybe a replacement for the Black Cherry (I think it was?) cream eyeliner.

As always, I can't wait to see what you come up with! :-) Thank you!
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:01 pm

I once tried a red violet blush and loved it! It's one of those colors that look scary in the jar but looks great on. The violet keeps the color cool and vibrant.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm using my Close Up daily..."my fave finish" but in the summer and fall when Im not a light and turn to tan , deep tan will this still look good on my skin tone? If not, Karen can you make a ...Bronzed Close Up? TKS :) And I love opaque, matte to a soft shimmer cheek colors. Most are sheer in the collections. Would love more opaque colors ...cool to neutral and warn colors. TKs again. :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!