Eyeshadow organiser / palette

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
Kahani

Eyeshadow organiser / palette

Post by Kahani » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Hey Karen,

I know this is pretty far down the list of "things to do" what with the studio move and fantastic new lineup (dying to see it) but all your gorgeous shadows are making me crave for a palette to put them in, instead of lots of little round pots. Would it be too hard to someday come up with something like this? : Image
It was part of the Boots Christmas 2007 range: http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/pro ... mRefer=000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com
JenW

Re: Eyeshadow organiser / palette

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:11 pm

Kahani-
That is the coolest loose powder palette I have ever seen! I am surprised there aren't more options out there. Can you refill it? A refillable one would be the ultimate.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:37 pm

Hey Jen,

It is refillable. If it wasn't £13 I'd be tempted to buy it and empty out the lousy mineral eyeshadows in it and fill it with Karen's wonderful concoctions! =)

It's just an idea - if a little bit elaborate. even something like a row of air-tight pill boxes with funnel tops like in the pic would be great! I'm hoping Karen will someday be able to find someone who can produce containers like this. Can you imagine her BB Stonewashed Nudes dupe in a pallette like this? Gorgeous!

deepix

Post by deepix » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Yea it would be so nice if BB stonewash set would be in this kind of palette. Definitely looking forward to it. Revlon also has recently released their LEC2008 collection with loose eyeshadows in a similar palette. But I didn't wanna buy theirs because well it costs a good aud25, their colours aren't to my taste and i think i remember seeing that it's got talc in it.
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:39 pm

A palette like this would be so cool, the Stonewashed Nudes i it would be woinderful, however, so would any group of colors that "play well" together,, And I know that it definately would make gettiing my face on in the AM a lot easier and faster.

Hollis
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:40 am

WONDERFUL idea!, those pallettes!

*Empty* pallettes for us to fill with what we choose ~ that would be my wish. We could make up our own combos with what we prefer to use together & it would be very *neat* storage! I currently have a dilemma with SN storage, sigh. Awhile back, I got enchanted with cubed jars,lol ~ & I bought a LOT of them. Bought stainless steel double turntables (aka Lazy Susans) & transferred my minerals into those jars. They are very neat & very handy; I spin & choose whatever I'll use that day. The center (top) of each turntable has either a fancy mug or dish to hold mascaras, lippies & such. Foundations & finishers go in 12gm shaker jars, all other colors go in the cubed ones. I either need a LOT more cubed jars *or* a different method of storage,lol.

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:49 am

Ooh Revlon has something like it too? Good! The more cosmetic companies produce palettes like this, the easier it may be for Karen to find a supplier.

Okok, here's my DREAM palette. The eyeshadows come in individual pill-box sized containers with flip-top lids and the funnel-shaped no-spill sifter. Then you can buy empty palettes into which you can slot the eyeshadow boxes. This way you can add/ remove for travel, rearrange... create your own palette of colours. Ideally the empty palettes would have at least two sizes... maybe 5 boxes and 10 boxes (two rows of five). Now wouldn't that be wonderful?

Mikie: regarding storage what do you think of Karen's idea with the makeup roll bag and velcro strips? For a larger, more permanent solution I was thinking of getting a cheap cork noteboard, decorating it so it's pretty, (things HAVE to be pretty for me) and tacking on long strips of velcro. You can also buy little round disks of self-adhesive velcro to put on the bottoms of the little sifter jars. Then you simply hang the pretty board up by or over the dresser, freeing lots and lots of surface space.
I'd also create dividers / labels for with "Blush", "Eyeshadow" etc... because it's tacked onto a noteboard you could rearrange and reorganize as your collection grows. How you categorize your shades within the categories... I have theories (Like using a goldy base for the area with white-shimmering shadows..etc) but everyone's mind works differently. What do you think? This could be a fun project!

~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:45 am

LOVE your ideas, Kahani! So glad you joined us here! :D

I haven't invested in the rolls simply because I rarely travel & never carry makeup with me, just Kisser Slickers. They are a great idea for those who stash their makeup away. I like a visual presentation for myself...all kinds of pretty colors are a treat for my eyes & they just call out Come On & Play With Me! Pick Me! Pick Me! :) I've worn mmu for many years & have a *huge* stash of it so have multiple ways of storage. I have an organizer that hangs on the back of the door ~ double-sided ~ the pockets are *clear* & there are 40 on them *on each side*...I can stash 2-3 colors in each pocket. My 2-tier turntables fit 26 square jars around the perimeter of each tier...& there are 3 of those turntables devoted to mmu. There's a cart with 4 drawers that larger jars are kept in. I think if I started with a corkboard, I could cover a wall :D but I think that's a lovely idea.

mikie
6k mikie.jpg
6k mikie.jpg (6.66 KiB) Viewed 14912 times
~*mikie*~

Kahani

Post by Kahani » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:53 am

LOl mikie, you have to post a pic of your stash it sounds... inspirational! How about doing away with all your pictures and instead using a wall for blush, a wall for e'/s.... *giggles*

~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:32 pm

ROFL! :D Wouldn't that be a hoot!?! "Wallpaper" a wall....oooh, I can see a pretty oval mirror with pots of color 3 or 4 deep around it like a "frame"... :)

mikie
~*mikie*~