Saturated colors like Say No More.....

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
MBlovesSN

Saturated colors like Say No More.....

Post by MBlovesSN » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:27 am

I am looking for some saturated colors, similar in opacity to this beautiful Slick Stick color. I love saturated glosses but don't seem to see too many on the website right now, especially in a warm rose brown hue, which is what I am looking for. I like the look of Sultry, but no glossy version exists. I like the lipsticks, but prefer the glosses because the lipsticks seem to dry out my lips just a little by the end of the day, leaving the color not looking so good. Can some one steer me in the right direction?
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
shiny

Re: Saturated colors like Say No More.....

Post by shiny » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:54 am

Have you ever tried Karen's Black Label Smooth and Full? It's clear. I use it under lipsticks for extra moisture, and over them for shine. It gives a nice gloss over Sultry. Feels wonderful!
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:17 am

shiny wrote:Have you ever tried Karen's Black Label Smooth and Full? It's clear. I use it under lipsticks for extra moisture, and over them for shine. It gives a nice gloss over Sultry. Feels wonderful!
I haven't tried it actually. Maybe that's the only option right now, and I am sure it will be worth it. If you put the BL F and S on before the lipstick, is there any problem getting the color to adhere to your lips? I know when I have tried to layer some other lippies over a clear lippie before (I don't remember which ones), the color didn't want to stick or wouldn't show up as true to color as it normally would.

Thanks for the response by the way!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
shiny

Post by shiny » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:01 am

MBlovesSN wrote:
shiny wrote:Have you ever tried Karen's Black Label Smooth and Full? It's clear. I use it under lipsticks for extra moisture, and over them for shine. It gives a nice gloss over Sultry. Feels wonderful!
I haven't tried it actually. Maybe that's the only option right now, and I am sure it will be worth it. If you put the BL F and S on before the lipstick, is there any problem getting the color to adhere to your lips? I know when I have tried to layer some other lippies over a clear lippie before (I don't remember which ones), the color didn't want to stick or wouldn't show up as true to color as it normally would.

Thanks for the response by the way!
I get longer staying power from the color when I layer Full and Smooth over the lipstick rather than under it. All I can suggest is try it. At the very least you'll have the most fantastic moisturizing gloss on the planet. It's my favorite product out of the whole SN line. I keep one in my desk drawer, my bathroom, my nightstand, my purse...