Blue eyes/brown shadow

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
krissanta

Blue eyes/brown shadow

Post by krissanta » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi,
I just started on this forum today, so please let me know if I say anything I shouldn't or if there is something wrong with how I posted. I'm terrible with technology.

I'm writing for shadow color advice. And I welcome it all. I have deep blue eyes and found in the past, for every day or casual use, browns make my eyes stand out best. I wanted to order some browns, but WOW, have you seen how many awesome shades there are. I was wondering if someone could recommend some shadows they've had luck with. I also like the idea of wetting the brush, dipping it in shadow and using it as liner. I bought the butterfly collection and use that method. It works nicely. So I would need suggestions for shadow shades to use as liners.

I hope I didn't step on any toes. I tried glancing through to see if anyone else had asked the same question, but didn't see any. I look forward to suggestions. I really love this makeup. My skin can be fickle and sensitive, but I haven't had problems like that yet (knocking on wood). And it's also had nice staying power. I look forward to buying more. :P

Thank you.
Krissanta
bellatete

Re: Blue eyes/brown shadow

Post by bellatete » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 am

hi krissanta and welcome to the sn forum ;)

i have brown eyes so i cannot really say from my own experience, which eyeshadows would make your eyes pop best. but there is a designated kit for blue eyes, so you might want to start there and build your (soon to be extensive) sn collection around it.

http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/blue- ... -1667.html

hope that helps a little. i'm sure other ladies will chime in with more tips!!
shiny

Re: Blue eyes/brown shadow

Post by shiny » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:09 am

Hi, krissanta.

One thing you can do to narrow it down is decide whether your coloring is warm, cool or neutral. I'm neutral slightly on the cool side. For me, the browns and taupes that lean a little cool work better than shadows with warm orange or gold tones. My favorite browns are Stag and Eu-Taupe-Ia (it looks brown to me!). Prowl is one of my favorite liners.

If your skin has a warm undertone you might want to try some of the warmer browns like Chic and Terra.

Hope this helps!