Is Super serum supposed to feel this way?

anadyne

Is Super serum supposed to feel this way?

Post by anadyne » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:59 am

I'm working my way through my sample of Super Serum and I'm really struggling with the way it feels "on". I use about a pea size dot. When it dries it becomes very tight, like I'm wearing a facial mask, and it gives my skin a dry white residue. From a distance my face looks glazed and when I smile the glazed mask sort of cracks into a kind of papery, crepey texture. Is this normal?

Also, how long does it have to sit on my skin before I can put a moisturizer over it?

I'm trying it out with a SN Intensive Moisturizer sample, and I've been using Super Serum (then 10 minutes wait) then Moisturizer, and it still feels like there's a dry mask under the moisturizer, like it's perhaps not penetrating through the super serum. Though the moisturizer does take away the white residue from the serum.

Any advice?
karen
Site Admin

Re: Is Super serum supposed to feel this way?

Post by karen » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Some serums can make your skin feel tight. Do you live in a dry climate? I've never heard of it turning white though.

You don't have to wait very long between the serum and the moisturizer though. Just let it soak in enough, and then put the moisturizer on top.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten