Which products to use

morrigan76

Which products to use

Post by morrigan76 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:36 am

Hi there,

I happened across your products while searching for paraben-free products and I'm hoping you can help me. I have combination/sensitive skin. My cheeks are dry, my nose and chin are less dry, with obvious pores I don't usually get pimples on my nose/chin, but when I wear liquid foundation it settles into the pores in little balls. When I wear mineral powder foundation I think it highlights the pores.
My other problem is that I have seborrheic dermatitis on my face that flares up on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. When it flares up my skin gets very red, very sensitive, and very sore!!!
I have been using Albolene cleanser, rinsed off by dead sea salts in warm water, followed by Clinique mild BHA toner. I would like to use natural products and I'm hoping you can recommend some products that will help me.

Thanking you in advance :)
karen
Site Admin

Re: Which products to use

Post by karen » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:59 pm

It sounds like you're dehydrated. Is the salt helping? It can draw moisture out of the skin, so that may be something to think about skipping unless it's helping a lot. The BHA will dissolve oil- which may or may not be a good thing for you. AHA will exfoliate without stripping oil, and it will help provide some hydration. I'd recommend using acids as a last resort though.

I'd say try Awesome Sauce, or Green Tea and Aloe serum. The Awesome Sauce is really nice for redness.

I've seen some impressive reviews for extra virgin coconut oil on seborrheic dermatitis. In my experience it's a little touchy to use on your face because it can cause acne flare ups, but it has some great skin softening, and anti-fungal properties that may make the flare ups a little more comfortable.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
morrigan76

Post by morrigan76 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:24 am

Thank you for replying. Believe it or not the dead sea salt was the only thing that calmed my skin and provided some pain relief.

I will definitely try the Awesome Sauce. What would you recommend for cleanser and moisturizer?

Do you think your Pore Refining toner would be a better choice than using BHA?

Thanks again.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:01 am

I believe it! I've played with some Dead Sea mud, and it's wonderful stuff.
If your current BHA is working for you keep using it. I think once your skin gets hydrated the pores won't be so much of an issue. I think AHA would be the better choice for you because it's going to help restore your skin barrier function where the Pore Refining is just going to hydrate. Be careful with the acids though.

For cleanser go with the Apricot Cleansing oil- it's a little more natural alternative to the Abolene.

See if you need a moisturizer after the Awesome Sauce. It has a little bit of oil in it already, and this time of year you might not need anything else with it. If you do think you need something the Hemp is great for acne-prone skin.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:30 am

If you have Seb Derm on your face you have to use a treatment shampoo on your scalp. Even if it doesn't itch on your head. When you control the scalp you control the entire disease. Try tea tree oil shampoo first if it doesn't really help try Nizerol over the counter or salacylic acid shampoo twice a week.I use Silk Natturals Intensive moisturizer for my face and its just great.