What's New? :-)

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
~*mikie*~

What's New? :-)

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:48 am

Way too quiet in here, gals! I'm thinking that we stop by but aren't talking much! Guilty of that,lol....I see my name in lights as last poster on a thread & figure I *really* don't want to just "talk to myself" :shock: so I back out. This morning after discovering something, I decided What The Heck, I'll post *anyway* & just maybe somebody will join me. I hope so!

What did I discover? Well, for our sunporch, I'd ordered 3 stained glass panels > today I checked FedEx tracking & discovered they were DELIVERED YESTERDAY & "LEFT AT GARAGE" >>>> *gasp*>>>> not at OUR garage! Our neighbors are good & decent people & I *hope* someone drops by bearing 3 packages!

What's new with you?

mikie

stained glass.jpg
stained glass.jpg (21.8 KiB) Viewed 4849 times
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
~*mikie*~

Re: What's New? :-)

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:28 am

Color me HAPPY!!! Once it got to be fully *daylight*, I traipsed back *out* to our garage ~ I'd gone out there when it was still dark & had just opened one of the doors & never bothered with the 2nd. *This* time I opened the *side door* & THERE THEY WERE! 3 packages standing on end! Yahooooooo!!! Brought them in one by one , opened & inspected the contents of each. These were very well packaged & arrived perfectly! VERY excited! Woooohoo!!! Now for the work,lol....& for enticing hubby to go buy the necessary heavy-duty hooks for hanging them up. *He* is not as excited about this prospect as I am. ;)

mikie

hmmmm....tried to adjust font size but it didn't work,lol, other than to say [size]...small font for nearsighted ol' gals like me,hehe
~*mikie*~

Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Hey Mikie -

The stained glass sounds lovely, and I'm so glad it finally ended up at your door instead of the neighbours. I'm getting the definite impression that in New York if you want nice weather you have to make it yourself, so you go :)

Really not a lot to tell here - the computer is fixed, got a bit of a cold as does everyone in the house, using manuka honey to keep it somewhat in check - seems to be helping.

You're still fluffing for two, though I have worn makeup a few times so that must be a good sign. Got some stuff from Sarafina, and a free soap from Bill (I hope that doesn't mean he's no longer doing any body care products, but I know he was thinking of discontinuing them), and put in a GoW order - my skin's usually pretty good, but anaesthetic always does bad things to it, and I've decided I'm going to fight this 'getting older' thing tooth and claw (or at least *looking* like I'm getting older!) - well, not ready to do botox or surgery, but short of that...

I hope it warms up soon, for all our sakes!
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:36 pm

Mikie,

Glad to hear that your stained glass panels were delivered to your house afterall! I'm not too crazy about FedEx to tell you the truth. I think UPS has much better delivery record. Here's hoping today's sunshine sticks around a while longer :)

Ruby

Rhys,

I see that you mentioned Manuka Honey-I've been sick for about 3.5 weeks now (went to dr. and don't have anything that requires antibiotic) but it was suggested to me (not by dr.) to try Manuka w/a rating of at least 15. Can I ask what rating you're using and what your thoughts are? The stuff is on the expensive side so didn't want to just rush out and buy it!
TIA!
Ruby
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:22 pm

woohoo mikie!!! I know you've been waiting for those! You MUST post pictures when they're up in your sunroom.

Fed Ex really isn't very good. We got a shipment of lightbulbs at work a week ago and as the guy brought in box after box of lightbulbs he plopped them on the floor and kicked (yes kicked) them off to the side. Then we mailed a very fragile package (a malfunctioning computer system) and the guy who picked it up did NOT scan the package and dumped it on the ground pretty harshly so he could open the door to the truck. I have a feeling they break a lot of stuff...

I got a sample of the new blush lovelace with my last order. It is sooooooo pretty. I just can't wait til the new stuff goes up. I'm so impatient. lol
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:45 pm

Lovelace? :o >my lips are zipped< I am anxiously awaiting the grand rollout of the MOAC! Will have to budget for it in the meantime! ;) Samantha, I am no more patient than you are! I'm itching to do my enabling thing!!!!!

The baskets look awesome,ROFL!!! Worked like a maniac today but they are up. Had *very* pointed comments from hubby about calling FedEx & why did I order them,lol...so I was *relieved* they were *here* & MIGHTY relieved they were beautifully packaged & just fine. I could not have tolerated well any "I Told You So" ;) .

Susan, *LOVED* having some sunshine today ~ will REALLY appreciate it if it sticks around!

Rhys, you are sooooooo right about NY weather...I think "Make hay while the sun shines" must've been coined with NY weather in mind? If not, it still "fits"! Glad you've been fluffing a bit. Imagine my surprise to be reading MMM just now & finally realizing who you are/the name I've known you by ~:oops: Silly me! No wonder you seemed familiar, hehe.

mikie
~*mikie*~

Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Ah yes. I am notorious everywhere for my eyeshadow fetish :)

Ruby, from what I've read a factor rating of 10+ is enough for manuka honey. Mine is Haddrell's, and if it's rated, I can't see it anywhere - it seems to work just fine, though.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:19 am

so far i've seen two new colors and i'm simply itching for MOAC to go up. I just can't stand it! lol. (For giggles, I just realized that bolding "itching" on my screen made it say "bitching"- not intentional but so giggle worthy)

the weather saying here in Carbondale is "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes- it'll change" One year in the dead of winter it was 80* one day and snowing the next. This week it was 65 and now it's around 40. It's amazing I'm not sick more often- i guess i've adjusted to the everchanging weather patterns (watch me get sick when i move back to a more stable climate).

well I am spending the weekend re-doing my portfolio and finishing dresses for my fashion show. 19 days! eeeeeeek
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:22 am

Samantha, why do you not post some pics for us to see? Of your metalwork &/or jewelry designs & such? It would be fun! AND the *furbaby*!!!

This morning it was 14 degrees here & Tuesday it's supposed to be 60? There's often a 40 degree swing between when I drive to work in the morning & drive home at night; sometimes heat on on the way in to work, a/c driving home,lol. Makes us hardy souls! :roll:

Fully fluffed with a red blush that looks great w/Hot Blooded, quiet eyes today (Nymph all over) with just a touch of Emerald in < > & Sapphire as liner. Angel highlights.

mikie
~*mikie*~

JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:52 am

Hey Mikie and others!

I just got back from vacation. We went South to get away from the Ohio winterish weather. It was lovely. We had several days in the 70s. It was harsh to come home to 34 degrees!!!! The only bad part is we were visiting friends part of the time and I have laryngitis!!! I still have a touch of it, but am slowly getting better (I have had this over two weeks now.) My kids think it is funny, and DH said he likes my laugh better, now. :shock: Hopefully, I will be fully recovered by the Open House.

We went to the Georgia Aquarium- since we are big aquarium prople, we absolutely loved it! We will try to go back in a few years to see the whale sharks when they are full grown. Right now they are around 20 feet long and they grow to be 33-40 feet at full size. Very cool.

I kept my makeup simple. I used Warm Gold 1:10 White, Climax Blush, Date Bait, and of course I couldn't settle on less than 7 lippies! I also took a nice sample pack of foundation, blush and finishers, and a Birthday Suit lippie to my hostess. I think she will be ordering soon!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com