Super Serum vs Mama's Helper?

fluttershy

Super Serum vs Mama's Helper?

Post by fluttershy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:33 pm

I've checked out the serum comparison chart, but I'm still uncertain. I've used both the Super Serum and Mama's Helper. Super Serum sometimes irritated my skin a bit, but it seemed to work well. Mama's Helper also seems to work well, and I REALLY like that the consistency isn't runny because it works much better with the pump top. Poor Super Serum goes flying all over the place and I feel like I waste a lot of product).

However, is Mama's Helper just as good as far as preventative care goes? I'm in my mid 20s, fair with sensitive skin. I've been using adapalene since October with great results (for both acne and wrinkle prevention). I pair it up with the Botanical Hydrating serum before bed for maximum punch! But I want to make sure my morning serum is carrying its weight too.
JenW

Re: Super Serum vs Mama's Helper?

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Super Serum is our most powerful serum for what you need. Most of the ones similar to it were formulated for those with more sensitive skin, or those who are pregnant. In themselves, they are still great products, but I do think if you can use it, Super Serum is the one to use.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Thanks Jen, it looks like I should probably give it another shot. I'm so in love with the texture and ease of application with Mama's Helper, I prefer it 100x more than Super Serum, but ultimately it's what's inside that counts!
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Sometimes it is what is inside that counts. But, what actually counts more is to use something that is not going to annoy you on an off day! You want to use it all up. How it makes you feel is important, too!

(Maybe too much to read, but I am scent sensitive. If something smells funny, I am less likely to use it. Texture applies here, too.)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 am

I completely agree! I love both after application, I think my biggest issue is with the more liquidy serums and moisturizers I have a ton of trouble using the pump top to get the amount I want without making a mess. I tried moving one into a dropper bottle, but the exposure to air made it turn faster. :(

I definitely agree! I like the Rose Hydrating Serum, but it smelled wonky to me and I just couldn't do it. :oops: