Gluten free items?

Autumn

Gluten free items?

Post by Autumn » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:35 pm

I recently switched to a gluten free mascara. Huge difference! Wow. I should have done this a long time ago.

I am curious on what items SN sells that might have gluten. I am not aware of anything that I buy from SN that would contain gluten. What about the lash gel treatment? I have not purchased this for a while but do remember really liking it.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Gluten free items?

Post by karen » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:06 am

Pretty much everything is gluten free with the exception of the Cranberry Cleansing Conditioner- that definitely contains wheat protein. The oatmeal extract is processed in a shared facility with wheat ingredients, and the Eyelash Gel does have the oat extract in it. The Olive Oil Moisturizer, and the Oatmeal Serum also have oats in them.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks. I knew the lippies and eye shadows were fine. I was not sure on a couple items.
hannahbanana

Post by hannahbanana » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:27 pm

Autumn - Can I ask what gluten free mascara you are using? This gluten free thing is new to me. My 4 year old was recently put on a gluten / dairy free diet. Now I am starting to recognize that the whole family has signs of gluten intolerance. My teenage daughter has a problem with pulling her eyelashes because of itching, etc. She has been using the eyelash serum to help them grow back, but it sounds like that might not be best because it COULD have traces of gluten. A gluten free mascara might make a huge difference for her.
Thanks in advance! :)
Last edited by hannahbanana on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Someone suggested this site on another forum.

http://www.theceliacdiva.com/category/g ... -products/

I am currently using Physician Formula. It is labeled as gluten free and I was able to pick it up in the drug store. It is good but not wow.

There is mineral companies that do have mineral/gluten free mascara. I have not tried them; but be aware these can be rather pricey ($20.00 and up);considering it is a product that is thrown out within 3 - 4 months.

Everything else is easy for me as I prefer mineral makeup and love SN lippies.