Green Tea and Aloe Serum - skin turns super tight and dry?

fluttershy

Green Tea and Aloe Serum - skin turns super tight and dry?

Post by fluttershy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:51 am

Pretty much right after I apply the green tea and aloe serum, my skin pretty much instantly turns "dry" and tight as soon as it dries, much like applying Mama's Helper. I was originally applying Mama's Helper first, then the green tea aloe serum next thinking it would help with my dryness, but the two do the same thing and if I follow up with a moisturizer or moisturizing serum it all just flakes off.
JenW

Re: Green Tea and Aloe Serum - skin turns super tight and dr

Post by JenW » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:31 am

I guess I usually mix my Green Tee & Aloe Serum with an oil in my hands before applying to make my moisturizer.

Do you apply it to moist skin? At this point, I am thinking it is not the right serum for you, but trying to help you find a way to use it.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:53 pm

JenW wrote:I guess I usually mix my Green Tee & Aloe Serum with an oil in my hands before applying to make my moisturizer.

Do you apply it to moist skin? At this point, I am thinking it is not the right serum for you, but trying to help you find a way to use it.
I've been applying it after the Mama's Helper serum, so once Mama's Helper sits on my skin for a few moments it is definitely not dry anymore! I certainly hope I can get it to work for me - I accidentally ordered a full size instead of a sample, and I'm starting to think the sample of the oatmeal hydrating serum might be more effective.
Xandra

Post by Xandra » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:04 am

I believe it! I've played with some Dead Sea mud, and it's wonderful stuff.
If your current BHA is working for you keep using it. I think once your skin gets hydrated the pores won't be so much of an issue. I think AHA would be the better choice for you because it's going to help restore your skin barrier function where the Pore Refining is just going to hydrate. Be careful with the acids though.