Luvocracy - Thoughts?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
robinbird_22

Luvocracy - Thoughts?

Post by robinbird_22 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm

I signed up for the website Luvocracy the other day because of entering a blog giveaway. If you aren't familiar with the site, it is similar to Pinterest, but you can actually shop through the site. If someone buys a product through your tag, I believe you get a bit of credit to spend (you also get a $10 credit just for signing up).

In doing a little bit of research about the site, I came across an Etsy seller that really didn't care for the idea because Luvocracy is essentially making the purchase for the buyer. The buyer isn't ever sent to the actual site the item is being purchased from. She also questioned how they can give credits to people when they aren't marking up prices.

I was just curious about what opinions were here about this site. Karen, as a small business owner, I'd particularly love to hear your opinion.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Luvocracy - Thoughts?

Post by karen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:31 pm

I like having a relationship with our customers, and taking care of them. That's what we're here for. We also put a lot of work into our site, and we're really transparent with everything as far as answering questions, and declaring ingredients. I like what we've built, and we don't mess around with third party stuff at all. It's too much of a distraction to sell on multiple platforms. We did it in the beginning, and it helped a lot, but it's just too much now.

I personally don't understand how they're making money...so they'll probably be billionaires! I'm sure they've been through rounds of venture capitol and all that stuff, so they've been vetted by people who probably know what they're doing.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:08 pm

They force you to sign up through Facebook. I always get nervous with that kind of stuff because it makes you approve them having access to all your facebook info and friends and such.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Weekend Lass

Post by Weekend Lass » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:53 am

Oxana124 wrote:They force you to sign up through Facebook. I always get nervous with that kind of stuff because it makes you approve them having access to all your facebook info and friends and such.
I completely agree with this. And more and more sites are doing it now ... :evil: