Holiday 2013...is live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Holiday 2013...is live!!!

Post by karen » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:17 pm

It's live!!! Kris, my husband stayed up until 3:00 am getting the new computer mostly setup. So the collection is live today!! The SN crew is a force of nature- Jen, Susan, Heidi and Kris are incredible folks who pulled out all the stops to make this happen.

Use the code snowflake7 to get 7% off your order.

I'll be around to answer questions tonight, and here's a link to the blog post about everything:
http://silknaturalscosmetics.blogspot.com/

The light shades of foundation are REALLY light. For reference I wear N30- and I'm normally 1 ebony to about 12 ivory, and #2 cream concealer.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Re: Holiday 2013...we're doing this!!!

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Woohoo! Everything looks amazing! Already placed my order :)
Wow, cream foundation, so cool! I was just looking at all these amazing contouring pics online, and they were done with cream products, so I got tons of samples, so I could find not only a color to wear as foundation, but also some light and dark shades I could contour with :)
Those ceramic microspheres sound really cool, I look forward to trying the cloud finishing powder, it will be nice on my dry skin that it is not oil absorbing.
And I'm as obsessed with lippies as always, so excited about all of the new colors!!!
And I had to pick up a cream shadow, and the lotion bar, and the HD highlighter and bronzer!
So excited! Thank you for such a cool collection!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
eliz1

Re: Holiday 2013...is live!!!

Post by eliz1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Hoooray, everything looks beautiful!!

Just a heads up, I THINK Five Star and Full House swatches might be switched?
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Looks amazing Karen! You were right about the surprises. They're wonderful! I have to go cook dinner, but I will be playing around with a cart later. :D
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Good catch!!! I just fixed it...next time we should run a contest- find the "doh!" in the new collection release.
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:05 pm

LOL! Just ordered, CANNOT wait to try the new cream foundations and lip products!!! Thanks, Karen and everyone else at SN for making such quality, affordable products:)
karen wrote:Good catch!!! I just fixed it...next time we should run a contest- find the "doh!" in the new collection release.
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm so happy the cuticle oil is back! I loved my tube I received in the MAC box, so I'm pumped to see it back! Sounds like the ceramic microspheres are a hot item - I'm tempted to test out the cream foundation, but I'm currently using a retinoid which has my skin sensitive at the moment so I'm not sure.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:33 pm

The cuticle oil is a little different from the MAC one- I oomphed it up just a little bit, and it's not scented, so it's a little bit heavier for winter.

As far as the foundation- it's a pretty simple formula. It's very similar to the cream concealers but with the microspheres so its a little bit drier. You *should* be ok with the retinoids unless they've left you uber sensitive.
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Is the cuticle oil in the same packaging as the discontinued liquid lipgloss? It looks the same or similar. Just curious because that brush and I did not get along, lol
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:10 pm

It is...the brush seems to be behaving itself this time. Susan, Heidi, and I tested the heck out of it, and they're staying together. I think the liquid gloss formula was too thick for that brush, and it was splaying the bristles.