Do I need to put moisturizer over serums?

luckymonster

Do I need to put moisturizer over serums?

Post by luckymonster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm currently trying out samples of the Super Serum, Awesome Sauce, Oatmeal Serum and Green Tea & Aloe Serum. I'm not really sure which to get yet, it hasn't been long enough for me to tell what's better for my skin. I'm trying to decide between super serum and awesome sauce (for the mornings, because I use AHA's at night), and between oatmeal and green tea & aloe (for night).

Anyways, on to my question: do I need to be putting moisturizer on, over these? I've been using argan oil as a moisturizer recently, if that matters at all.
JenW

Re: Do I need to put moisturizer over serums?

Post by JenW » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Your Argan Oil should be fine if you want to continue using it.

Drier skintypes and climates usually do best with a moisturizer. Some oilier skintypes and more humid climates might not need it.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
luckymonster

Post by luckymonster » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:25 am

Thank you! My skin gets gets dry and flakey easily but I wasn't sure if I was over doing with moisturizer on top.

Another potentially really stupid question with probably an obvious answer, but I need to ask:
Is the cucumber peptide eye cream supposed to sting... I tried it twice, over just-cleansed skin, and both times it stinged. Not gouge-my-eyes-out-it-hurts-so-bad kind, but alcohol on a fresh wound kind of sting.

If it's supposed to, then yay it's working. If it's not, what is likely causing it?
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:11 am

luckymonster wrote:Thank you! My skin gets gets dry and flakey easily but I wasn't sure if I was over doing with moisturizer on top.

Another potentially really stupid question with probably an obvious answer, but I need to ask:
Is the cucumber peptide eye cream supposed to sting... I tried it twice, over just-cleansed skin, and both times it stinged. Not gouge-my-eyes-out-it-hurts-so-bad kind, but alcohol on a fresh wound kind of sting.

If it's supposed to, then yay it's working. If it's not, what is likely causing it?
I would not use it if it stings. It sounds like there is an ingredient in it that does not agree with your skin.

Yes, there are some skincare items that do slightly sting at times...like maybe the BHA or AHA toners as they are chemically exfoliating (in this case, I would probably wash it off fairly quickly, though). Something that you leave on your eyes should not sting.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com